Chapter 19

THIRD PERSON

The stark white walls of the hospital corridor seemed to amplify the tension that hung in the air. It was awash in a hushed tension, the air heavy with worry and the faint scent of antiseptic. Odajima Yuken and Suzaki Ryo stood side by side, a dichotomy of worry etched across their faces as they awaited news about the young woman who had captured both of their hearts.

Watanabe Honoka.

Their clothes both stained with blood. Her blood.

Yuken's hands clenched into fists; his eyes fixed on the closed door behind which Honoka's fate was being decided. He was her boyfriend, her protector, and the thought of her pain was a weight he could barely bear. His heart raced with a mixture of fear and guilt, knowing that he couldn't shield her from this ordeal.

Ryo stood a few steps away, his normally stoic demeanor replaced by a palpable sense of unease. His feelings for her had evolved from fondness to a love that he had only recently come to acknowledge and how intense it had become. His eyes narrowed at Yuken, he was the reason why Honoka was upset in the first place and if he couldn't prevent this then maybe he didn't deserve to be the man she loved.

The doctor exited the emergency room, a symbol of knowledge amidst the uncertainty that permeated the space. As he began to explain Honoka's injuries and the road to recovery, Yuken and Ryo listened intently, united by their shared worry for her well-being.

"She has suffered injuries to her legs and head," the doctor explained, his voice a blend of professionalism and empathy. "While her physical injuries will mend with time, her journey to regain strength and mobility will require rehabilitation and physical therapy."

Honoka's passion for dance had always been a defining aspect of her life, and the idea that she might not be able to pursue it was almost unbearable. The thought of her dreams being shattered by this accident fueled a sense of determination within him that he hadn't known before.

The doctor continued, outlining the steps that would be taken to facilitate Honoka's recovery. As he spoke, a sense of shared purpose seemed to settle between the two men.

As the two young men shared a moment of solidarity, a shared understanding seemed to bridge the gap that had once separated them. Their feelings for Honoka were a common thread that bound them together, transcending the boundaries of rivalry and friendship.

The room held an air of unity, a testament to the power of compassion and shared concern. Yuken and Ryo, both connected to Honoka in their own ways, found themselves united by their desire to see her recover, rebuild, and once again dance with the same passion that had initially drawn them to her.

Their thoughts were disturbed with the presence of almost half of the gangs in the Oya district namely the full timers from Oya, Housen's remaining 3 emperors, the executives and Suzuran's Rao faction. And surprisingly, the Amagai siblings.

"How is she?" The calm voice of Housen's former head, Ueda Sachio asked. He had recently passed down his title to his successor, Tokuyama Monji.

"She's stable but she'll need physical therapy... her legs..." Yuken trailed off as his voice broke. Sachio frowned and grasped his friend's shoulder in comfort.

"What happened?" Hanaoka Fujio's worried voice asked, worried for the younger girl.

"It was his fault." Both men involved answered and Sachio stood in between the two, knowing their tempers were both rising as Tsukasa silently nudged Fujio to not ask further. Rao moved as well to back up Sachio in case a fight broke out.

"If you were a better boyfriend-"

"Oh, shut up, you've been looking for an excuse to steal her away-"