Chapter 15

Honoka

GRADUATION DAY – SEIHO GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL

"Great weather for a great day." Yui pointed out as Madoka and I agreed.

"So, what are your plans for the summer?" Madoka asked as we walked towards the gymnasium where the ceremony would begin in a few minutes.

"Oni-chan and I are going to go visit mom abroad next week." Yui answered. Their mother was being treated overseas hence the reason Sachio was gone for a couple of months the year prior to take care of her. She was doing well, thankfully and she was spending time with her sister's family abroad.

"What about you, Honoka-chan?" They both turned to me as we linked arms, getting closer to the gym. Me in the middle, Yui on my left and Madoka on my right.

"I have to prepare for the winter recital at the academy and spend some time with my boyfriend." I said the last part quietly, much to my friends squealing. I was the last one to date someone officially with Madoka being the first, her and Shinya-kun have been dating for nearly 2 years now while Yui and Shoji-kun were nearing their first anniversary.

Madoka talked about helping out at home and going to the beach with her childhood friend group on the weekends.

"You guys should come! And bring your beaus!" She invited as Yui and I agreed just as we entered the gymnasium.

"Honoka darling!" I looked over to see my parents with Haruto, Mina and Niki. I excused myself from my friends and ran over to hug my family.

"We're so proud of you dear!" Dad gushed as he broke from our hug while my mother tucked a stray hair away from my face. My brother being the annoying weirdo he is, ruffled my hair, making me swat his hand away in annoyance.

"Here Ane~" Mina and Niki said, holding the bouquet with their hands. I crouched down, smiling as I took it from them.

"Thank you~" I told them, kissing and hugging them as they giggled happily.

"Oh? Honoka-chan!" I turned around to see Madoka's parents, Fujio, Seiji, Arata, Shinya-kun and Masaya-kun. I greeted Madoka's parents first before they went over to her and the rest of the school band. My parents followed suit and went to their seats after they said hi to Fujio.

"Congratulations Honoka-chan! This is for you. " Fujio greeted happily, handing me a small pink box with a messily tied ribbon. I gestured if I could open it now and he nodded. I removed the ribbon and lifted up the box to see a pastel blue colored rope beaded butterfly bracelet. I smiled in admiration as Fujio sheepishly scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry if it's not that expensive-" He stopped when he saw me fastening the bracelet onto my wrist, beside the bracelet that Yuken had given me.

"I love it. Thank you for thinking of me." I told the now senior who smiled at me gratefully, happy that I was wearing it.

"Now I just need something from Suzuran so I can wear you all on my wrist." I joked, making Fujio and the others laugh just as I heard one of our teachers announce that the ceremony was to begin now. I waved goodbye and headed to my seat next to Yui who told me that Sachio was running a bit late. Madoka sat in front of me.

"He'll be here." I assured her as the opening hymn began to play. I peered over the other side to see Kaori sitting alone. There was a gap between her and the girls in front and I noticed that there was no one behind or beside her. I frowned, looking at Yui who shook her head. I stood up and walked over to her.

"I know I'm the last person you wanna talk to.." I said, making her look at me. "But do you wanna come sit with us?" I offered as she looked at me unsure, the distain she held in her eyes disappeared and replaced with sadness.