Chapter 9

Honoka

A DAY LATER

"I have food- "I yelled out as I arrived at the Oya hideout, confused as I saw them spitting out what they were eating.

"You gave us rotten noodles!" Yasushi yelled at Motoaki, Fujio's friend who was frying noodles on a flat-top stove.

"Uh hi?" I greeted, much to their happiness as Yasushi and Tsukasa grabbed the plastic bags from my hands.

"Thank God!" Yasushi exclaimed grabbing one of the sodas in the bag and gulping it down in one go.

"Want some noodles Honoka-chan?"

"NO!" My answer was cut off as the rest of Oya yelled at Motoaki. I laughed before greeting the rest and handing them their drinks. There were two cans left from the sodas I bought and I looked around to see who hadn't gotten their share yet.

At the far corner, I saw Tsukasa and Todoroki. I walked over and Tsukasa scooched over to give me a place to sit. I handed them the two cans in my hand before frowning when I look at their faces.

They looked concerned.

"First Senomon and now Kama High..." Todoroki stated and I looked at him in confusion.

"What's going on now?" I asked and Tsukasa faced me.

"Say, Honoka-chan, you wouldn't have happened to see some red uniform-wearing students, have you?" He asked and I looked at him in surprise.

"As a matter of fact, I have," I answered, making them both look at me.

"I was getting ice cream with Yuken-kun and I saw a few of them across the road. They were watching us for a moment but when I took my eyes off them for a split second, they were gone." I explained as they looked at each other.

"It's happening again. Isn't it?" I asked as they both looked at me silently.

I knew the answer.

------------------------------------

"Tsukasa and Todoroki-kun think that trouble is brewing. Fujio-kun is oblivious as usual but I'm getting worried. Senomon and Kama are bigger than Oya and Housen combined."

"Have you told anyone else? What about Yuken?" The voice of Housen's main leader spoke through the phone. I had my doubts and decided to ask Sachio about it.

"No. No one from Housen knows-"

"Honoka-chan? What is it?" The hairs on my body stood up as I felt someone following me. I took a shaky breath, calmly walking as I was. I could see from the reflection of my watch the faces of 5 guys. 3 of them were wearing red jackets and red pants and the other two wore similar-looking army green jackets and dark pants. They were only a few steps behind me and looked like they were looking for trouble. The one in front looked particularly devious with his hair spiked up and a silver chain around his neck glinted in the moonlight.

"Yeah Sachio-kun, I'm walking home alone. I'm just heading to the convenience store to get some ice cream for Mina and Niki. Do you want anything?" I answered Sachio as I slowly quickened my pace. Sachio seemed to understand the situation as I heard him take a shaky breath.

"When you get to the convenience store, tell Sakura-chan to let you in the back room. And both of you stay there. I'm calling Jinkawa. Do not leave unless he comes and gets you, okay?"

"Chocolate popsicle? Okay, I'll grab some for Yui-chan as well." I answered as I neared the convenience store and headed to the freezer, grabbing some random treats before silently nodding at Sakura-chan who took the keys from the counter.