Chapter 5

Honoka

"We have news on who attacked your brother." I put down the plates for the kids and gestured for them to eat first as they looked at me worriedly. Tsukasa had called me earlier and we were talking about Aimi and Arata. I moved away from the kitchen table and leaned against the wall, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Tsukasa? Who is it?" I heard him sigh.

"Housen."

I frowned. Housen? How is that possible? They don't know my brother and he has nothing to do with all that gang business.

"Housen? What do they have against my brother?" I asked and Tsukasa sighed.

"We found a ring. I assume the Mitsuboshi ni ichimonji emblem belongs to your family's clan?"

I gasped. Our grandparents told us the story behind the Watanabe name when we were little and that ring has been passed down to the son or sons of the first born of each generation. The current generation is my mother and the ring is owned or currently not owned by my baby brother Haruto.

The Watanabe clan was established by Watanabe no Tsuna (953–1025), a member of the Saga Genji branch of the Minamoto clan whose official name was Minamoto no Tsuna. He gave the clan its name after his stronghold at Watanabe no tsu, a port on the Yodogawa River in Settsu Province. The name itself means 'to cross over a river'.

The ring is a silver band with a sapphire in the middle and engraved is the family motto.

渇しても盗泉の水を飲まず

"T-t-that belongs to Haruto. But are you sure it was Housen? Can't it be-"

"One of our guys was attacked last night. He was beaten to a pulp. One of Nakaoka's faction was ambushed this morning. His head was cracked open."

I continued to listen as I held my breath.

"They also sent us a message. They told us not to interfere with their business and anyone who did, will be dealt with accordingly." Tsukasa's voice was filled with anger.

"They didn't sign it?" I asked, hoping that there wasn't any other sign that pointed to Housen.

"No but Nakaoka described the guys as a gang of bald guys." My heart dropped as I listened.

Could it really be them?

"So what are you guys gonna do now? You're not planning on..oh no.. you are aren't you?" I asked, my voice raising as I stepped out of the kitchen and to the garden.

"We have to seek justice against them Honoka. The people they hurt were our friends. And the note also stated that we'd settle this with them tomorrow." I heard rustling and shouts from the other side.

"I have to go. Be safe Honoka"

"No wait! Tsukasa-" The call was cut as I panicked to call again but it wasn't going through. He probably turned off his phone.

I tried Fujio. Nothing. Then Jamuo. Still nothing.

My eyes lit up in realization as I dialed a number. It rang for a few minutes before a voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Todoroki-senpai?"

------------------------------------

"Fujio asked you to help him?" I asked the man in front of me as I leaned against the wall. He nodded as he faced me to answer.

"He thinks that if Oya faces Housen with only the part-time students, we'll lose. He asked me to bring the full-time students as well." He explained as I frowned.