8. choices.

{trigger warnings: explicit language}

I boarded the Hogwarts express and took the journey towards Feldcroft, I hadn't actually seen Anne since Sebastian murdered his uncle, even though I knew I should have.

Roughly an hour passed before the train came to a halt.

'Last call for Feldcroft, I repeat, last call for Feldcroft'

I quickly rushed off of the vehicle before walking towards the cottage Anne lived in alone. My hand made its way to the door, knocking gently.

It opened, Anne looked at me with a surprised look on her face, but even then there was still a hint of joy.

"Viola, come in.." she smiled warmly even though I could tell she was in unimaginable agony.

I nodded and stepped inside, walking over the chairs and sitting down. I sighed, and it was at this moment that I knew, I had to help her.

Even if I took her pain, I would never inhale it, I would lock it away in the repository with the rest of the pain that Isidora had taken.

But then I remembered, taking pain took away the persons ability to feel, was her pain worth ridding her of her happiness, her joy, her capability to feel anything at all. I shook my head, I couldn't do it, no matter how much I wished I could help, I couldn't and I wouldn't do that to her.

Anne was too good for this world, her kindness was limitless, even after what Sebastian had done, she was still working to forgive him, that proved just how kind she truly was.

I really did feel for her, she didn't deserve the fate she was suffering and the thought of what Rookwood did, sent chills through my spine as my blood figuratively boiled from anger.

Thank fuck I killed that asshole.

* * *

Me and Anne spoke for what felt like hours, it was nice to catch up with her even if she did keep having bouts of pain plague her body.

Every single time she winced at the unfathomable pain, my heart sank, and for the first time in my life, I felt useless.

Completely and utterly useless.

But even through the pain, she still laughed with me about every little thing, she still smiled, she was still herself.

And for that, I would forever be grateful, that no matter how much it hurt, she had never lost sight of who she was.

* * *

Time had flown by, and the sun had just began to set, but I didn't want to leave her alone again. Anne suggested that I stay the night, and I gracefully accepted her invitation.

We stayed up for a few more hours, laughing and just talking, I told her about me and Ominis and she explained that she was incredibly happy for me.

Even thinking of him made my heart skip a beat, and caused butterflies to flutter in my stomach. He was the only person who had ever made me feel that way.

The clock chimed 2am, and we both decided that it was well past our time to go to sleep. Anne laid herself down on the bed and I laid down on the floor next to her, I knew she needed the comfort more than I did. Even if she continuously tried to deny it.

[ I'm sorry for the short chapter, i'm stuck inbetween writing this fic and finishing off college assignments, I will continue to try and publish everyday as I have been so far ]