17. aftermath.

{trigger warnings: strong language}

I climbed off my broom and made my way towards Ominis' dormitory. He was the only person who I wanted to see right now.

I slowly lifted my hand up and knocked upon the large wooden door, awaiting a response.

Ominis' roommate answered the door.

"Viola?! What the fuck happened!" Freddie yelled, urging me inside.

Ominis immediately rushed over as I stumbled into the room, gripping onto objects for support.

Both of the boys helped me over towards the bed, sitting me down as Ominis examined my face with his hands, his face dropping as he ran his finger across the scar forming across my eye, whilst Freddie cleaned my visible wounds.

"Hey Ominis.." I forced a small smile even though he couldn't see it, but I know he could sense my emotions.

He remained silent, his face glued to my eye as if he was seeing me for the first time. A look of panic and hurt spread across his pale complexion, sending shivers down my spine.

I crossed my legs and fell backwards onto the soft mattress before closing my eyes. "I'm fine.." I spoke before everything went silent and dark.

                        *            *           *

The next thing I know i'm waking up in my own dorm, completely alone. I forced myself to sit up even though it pained me to do so. Ominis walked through the door moments later, carrying a tray full of my favourite foods.

He sat down next to me, I felt the mattress sink due to the additional weight. He then reached his hand up towards my face and ran his thumb across my cheek. "I was so worried Vi" He muttered, struggling to hide the cracks in his voice.

My face dropped as soon as I heard it, I wrapped my arms around his tall frame and rested my head against his toned chest. "Ominis... This won't help but I need to tell you something.."

His left eyebrow raised as he tilted his head in confusion, waiting silently for my words.

I explained to him everything that happened, how i'd survived the killing curse, how i'd gotten my scar. As well as everything the goblin had said to me. And the encounter with Professor Fig as I witnessed the border between life and death.

His mouth remained open in shock as he patiently listened to my words, his fists clenching at the thought of me dealing with the pain. He sighed. "How did you... survive?"

I shook my head quickly "I don't know.. But i'm glad I did.." I added, earning a slight smile from the boy next to me.

Ominis laid back on the bed, taking into account everything i'd just told him. Especially the killing curse part. It was obvious countless thoughts were invading his mind at this moment.

My mind was also overrun with these thoughts.

I moved my body on top of him, resting my
head on his shoulder, humming quietly as I knew he liked that. Knowing that the sound of my voice was the only think that soothed him in times like these. Everything was falling into chaos once again.

And not the good kind.

All I knew was that with Ominis by my side, anything was possible. And i'd go to the ends of the earth just to protect him and to ensure his happiness and success within this cruel world.

As dramatic as it sounded, there was nothing I wouldn't do for this boy.

Not a single thing.

I'd given him more than enough reasons to leave, plenty of reasons to hate me. But yet he still remains by my side throughout it all. Through the good and the bad. The thick and thin.

No matter what happened, he was always there for me. And that was something I was going to return.

[I'm sorry for the delayed update, I lost motivation for a moment. My updates will become more spread as I have to deal with a lot of personal issues, please be patient and I hope you enjoyed this short chapter]

-i love you all <3