14. plotting.

{trigger warnings: none? }

Sebastian stared down at me, his body barely higher than mine. "So what's the plan?" he asked, wondering what we were going to do.

"Um. You're not particularly part of the plan Sebastian, i'm still mad at you but I can't risk you getting hurt. Anne needs you" I spoke, as much as I hated him right now, the thought of him getting hurt caused knots to form in my stomach.

Sebastian sighed before beginning to speak again "But Viola, I want to help.. I lo-"

I immediately cut him off "Sebastian, I love Ominis. There isn't anything between me and you.." I muttered, knowing I was crushing his heart. But it needed to be made clear.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, turning around before storming out of the room.

I sighed quietly, it was exhausting trying to please everyone. Sebastian needed to understand that I would never betray Ominis like that, he was the only one I felt for in that way.

I brushed down my outfit and walked out of the room whilst still trying to think of a successful plan.

It definitely wasn't going to be easy but these goblins needed to be dealt with. And I know that not all goblins are the same, some are good and kind, like the ones I helped in my previous year. Whereas some are just pure evil like the villain they idolise.

                      *            *           *

By now I had spent hours attempting to find a suitable solution to my goblin problem, but I had no success.

My body lay in the tub of steaming water as my mind twister and turned whilst considering every possibility. Every idea I thought of ended with me losing my life or me ending up critically injured.

Neither of which seemed ideal.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I slipped my head under the water, allowing myself to be completely immersed in it's warmth. I screamed, letting the water conceal the sound so I wouldn't be heard, soft cries seeping from my lips.

My body lifted itself out of the water and I ran my hands through my soaked hair, if only the decision was easy, but the was one part that was easy and that I knew had to remain the focus of my plan.

Ominis couldn't get hurt. No matter what.

I shook my head violently as an aching pain shot through my body. It was time, both my mind and my body knew it. As much as I didn't want to go through with the little details I had decided upon, my choices were limited.

After I dried my body off and walked up to the common room, I bumped into Ominis who was wandering around in search for me.

A soft smile formed across my lips as I wrapped my arms around him instantly, melting into his embrace.

"Viola.." Ominis muttered, sensing something was different. He shook his head, almost like he knew what I was going to do.

"Please, trust me.." I whispered as I remained in his arms, my last feeling of safety before I left and let fate decide my future.

He nodded hesitantly, knowing nothing he could say would change my actions.

I placed a soft kiss on his lips before speaking again "Goodbye, Ominis.. I'll see you when it's done.."

A tear escaped from his eye as it rolled down his pale cheek. "Don't go"

My hand lifted towards his cheek and I wiped it instantly "I'll be back" I spoke as I let out a small sigh.

There was nothing more that I wanted than to stay here with him, to remain in his arms for the rest of my existence.

But I couldn't risk his safety.

Not him.

Anybody but him.

So I left, just like that. I never looked back and I never once regretted my decision as I cautiously made my way towards the location of the magic wielding goblin who was seeking my demise.