11. infirmary.

{trigger warnings: explicit language, }

My eyes fluttered open as a spring dug into my lower back, I looked around and immediately realised I was in the infirmary.

I began to sit up but quickly fell backwards as a pain emerged from my head.

A hand squeezed mine gently "Hey, are you alright?" The male voice spoke, and it was obvious who it was.

"Ominis.." I smiled as I turned my head to face him "Hey.." My voice came out as barely more than a whisper.

"Poppy came and got me, she told me what happened" he explained as his fists clenched, anger running through him. "I'll kill that bastard" he spat.

I shook my head as I squeezed his hand slightly, reassuring him that I was okay.

He sighed "Poppy said your head was bleeding, Vi" he said as his face dropped, obviously worrying for me.

"I'm okay love" I mumbled as I reached my free hand up towards my bandaged head.

Ominis gave a sigh of relief, moving closer to me and laying next to me on the solid mattress, his head nuzzling into my chest.

I quietly hummed a song as I ran my thumb across his cheek "my pretty boy.." I giggled as I felt his grip tighten on me as he sniffled slightly.

"I was so scared" he admitted, as a tear seeped through my white, shirt.

"Hey, shh.." I replied, trying to calm him down. "I'm right here" my voice was now quieter than before if that was even possible.

Our bodies remained close to each other as he fell asleep in my arms, snoring lightly as I continued to hum to him. No matter how much my head was spinning and stinging, he still made everything better as he always did.

Not long after, I drifted off to the sound of my own musical humming, or perhaps it was to the feeling of safety he radiated.