Chapter 2

The sun had arisen once again and it was a new day and a new fresh start. Everyone was awake besides December. December's nervous feelings were making her sleep in for some reason but then she was awoken by Ember who handed December her stuff. They were going to the Rainwing kingdom before school actually started which was in 15 minutes. December quickly got up and strapped her leather pouches around her neck and chest but she still had that feeling running in her body. Maybe it was just a feeling, it was a nightmare disguised as a dream is what December thought. Blizzard, December's mother, always told her that if a dream gives you a weird and not happy feeling like it should then it's a nightmare disguised as a dream and she told her it was traps back in her days. December remembered what her mother said and felt better then they all left Jade mountain academy through the temporary entrance.

December followed the two Rainwings like everyone else besides Willow who was strapped to Swordtails chest because she couldn't fly... But they had a short cut! The rainforest smelled like fruits and amazing smelling flowers! December loved this smell whenever she came to the Rainwing kingdom and it didn't take them long until they reached the actual kingdom within the rainforest. Rainwings from all kinds were everywhere! A few Nightwings were also residing in the rainforest as well because Glory saved them from the volcano. December followed everyone to the main palace where Queen Glory and Deathbringer stayed most of the time. They got seen first when Queen Glory spotted them because they were important. Queen Glory was so happy to see them as Tamia explained why they were here.

"Queen Glory, King Deathbringer, we are here because we are taking a relaxing day off from Jade mountain academy and yes I did talk it through with Tsunami and she said it was fine as long as we caught up by tomorrow" Tamia spoke up "well if it's okay with Tsunami since she's the headmistress than it's okay with me plus we are actually glad your here! I have a surprise..." Queen Glory said and everyone was eager to see what Queen Glory had. Queen Glory unraveled her long tail and everyone was shocked to see an egg! December was speechless, an egg the color of rainbow-white and darkish black was seen being curled by Queen Glory's tail. "Can I take care of it please!" December blurted out excitedly "that's what I need you for" Queen Glory replied "can you take care of my egg? I am very busy and I don't have time right now to actually watch over it" Queen Glory explained "of course!" December jumped up in down excitedly. Queen Glory didn't hesitate and gave December the egg to hold, she could feel the dragonet but she couldn't see it because the egg shell was thick.

Everyone looked at the egg and December gently held it and were amazed by the colors of light and dark. "What are you gonna name the dragonet?" Volcanic asked "Firefly" Queen Glory responded "cute name! It fits really well too" Swordtail butted in "thank you Swordtail, Deathbringer, why don't you show them to their open house?" Queen Glory turned and looked at Deathbringer "of course my cutie pie!" Deathbringer replied with a smug smirk and everyone wanted to throw up "disgusting" Sundew whispered. Deathbringer gladly showed them all to their houses which was near the palace and reserved only for them. It was the biggest house out of everyone's and it was made out of pure light oak wood like the palace and it stretched from one jungle to six other jungle tree, one point in the middle, two points beside it, two points in the back, and one point at the top. The house was also very wide and tall with many rooms that included a relaxing room, kitchen area, bedrooms for all of them, and more.

The house was built not too long ago so they don't know much about it or what it contains but all the rooms are labeled since it would be easy to get lost. The bedrooms were decorated to their liking because when this was being constructed, Queen Glory sent out pages for them to write what they would like in their rooms. December entered her room and it was just like her room back at the Icewing kingdom when she was first hatched. The room was chilling to her liking, her bed was medium sized with colors of blue and white, dresser drawers were painted black and were set on each side of the bed up against the walls, a small, round, white carpet was near the bed, and she had lanterns that turned on and off. December settled the egg that was in her talons on the comfy bed and unpacked her pouches. December pulled out her jewel necklaces, small scrolls, and small pictures of her family.