Chapter 5

December and Io jumped at the sound of another dragon but when they both turned they saw Queen Wasp and the others! Swordtail ran over and hugged Io tightly and they had found Luna, Dusky, and the others from the Chrysalis. "I'm so glad you guys are okay!" Tamia said "yeah but they captured Blue and Lady Hornet!" December said "what! What did they do to Blue!?" Luna shouted "they... They hive-minded him..." December hesitantly said and she noticed Queen Wasp was speechless. She hadn't heard the words hive-minded in so long that is was actually shocking to her plus they all thought that the Breath Of Evil no longer grew or worked anymore. "T-that's impossible!" Luna argued "me and Lady Hornet saw it happen... They injected him and his eyes turned light blue and is currently being controlled by that Silkwing named Orange" December huffed. Luna wanted to scream but kept herself from doing so. Queen Wasp and Queen Sequoia looked at each other but they had no clue what made the Breath Of evil grow again.

December and Tamia sat by each other and they all tried to come up with a plan. "Their taking dragons in cocoons... How long until they take the dragons in Pyrrhia?" Willow said but December didn't even want to think about it but a thought of her mother being hive-minded and her siblings made a shiver go down her back. They all sat in silence but the more they sat in silence then the more they were destined to be captured by the Pitchwings. Queen Wasp was surely angry for the Pitchwings capturing her sister and wanted revenge then she thought of something. "Alright, I have an idea, me and the rest will go find Lady Hornet and possible the other Hivewings while distracting them and December and Io can go search through the hives" Queen Wasp explained "that's actually not a bad idea, that Silkwing is capturing thousands of dragons from hives and I think it would take a long time to hive-mind all of them especially since their not using Wasp's technique on the eggs" Sundew replied "speaking of eggs, do you think she captured those too?" Luna asked "no, I've been in the hatcheries and non of the eggs are missing but if she finishes dragging those dragons then she might go after the eggs" Lady Vinegaroon said.

December thought of something to save the eggs. "How many hives have hatcheries?" December asked "Jewel Hive, Hornet Hive, and Yellowjacket Hive has the hatcheries inside everyone's house but they have rooms with passwords so Yellowjacket Hive eggs are save so two hives are unsafe" Lady Bloodworm explained "alright, why don't some of you go through and make sure the eggs are safe to keep from being hive-minded while the rest of you go out and find the others" December suggested "good idea, Tamia, Luna, Swordtail, Hydro, and Lady Jewel can all go to Jewel Hive to find the eggs and Iceberg, Ruby, Mountain, DartedVine, and Lady Tsetse can go to Hornet Hive" Queen Wasp said "but what about finding Blue?" Luna asked Wasp "don't worry, me, my other sisters, Lady Scarab, Queen Sequoia, and the rest will find him and save him" Queen Wasp patted Luna on the back and she smiled "wait, what about Sundew's parents!? Everyone's parents!?" Luna replied "well find them too" Sundew said. Sundew wasn't about to let her parents become hive-minded again. December looked at Io and she was thinking, "who's gonna check the Poison Jungle?" Io asked "I will" Sundew replied.

Everyone was settled with the plan and began to put their plan into action. December and Io took off while the other separated from them and December hoped they could find Blue and Lady Hornet. "Let's go to Wasp Hive, I'm pretty sure Queen Wasp would thank us" Io suggested "true, I have the spear from Hornet Hive so we can protect ourselves" December responded. December held the spear in her talons and Io smiled as they both flew off to Wasp Hive but before they could even make it to Wasp Hive, December spotted a black cocoon down below and informed Io. "Io, there's someone down there!" December informed "let's go rescue them" Io replied. They both flew down to see the black cocoon and December cracked it open with her spear once again and they saw a Hive/Leafwing Hybrid! The dragon was tall and a bit slender but other than that they were also big and a bit bulky. 

The dragon had pale greenish-yellow scales that faded into a dirty mustard yellow, their limbs were half mud brownish-black, they had a pinkish-orange colored webbed spine that was ripped in many places, their tail was long and slender with three stingers coming out the tip, giant Hivewing wings that were tinted white but also had a tint of brown, their eyes were green with a tint of black. Their face was a lighter yellow than their body and they had a black mussel and long, jagged, black horns with a tint of pale green, and they had one horn sticking out their forehead that looked like a vine because it had so many short sharp ends going in different directions and it was tinted with dark red. Black striped aligned their neck, back, and tail, and they had a dark brown underbelly.