Chapter 11

December was surprised as she watched Tamia and Char fly through the hole in the tree and land softly on a branch. Tamia and Char were covered in vines and other plants until Char shook off the plants that were wedged between his scales and Tamia simply brushed them off. "Tamia! Char! I'm so happy to see you guys!" December beamed "didn't seem like it when you tried to attack us around 5 times!" Char yelled "Char, me and you both know she didn't mean it now let's get this task done" Tamia turned to December and smiled until she realized that there was a Pitchwing here. "The enemy! December what are you doing with her!?" Char shouted while jumping down from the branch "wait! She's nice, she helped me get here" December tried to convince them that she wasn't like the rest. December told her what Ink had told her about her past and Tamia had given into the story and Char somewhat did but he promised to keep an eye on Ink. December let out a breath of relieve knowing that Tamia would've given in one way or another. "We have to keep moving, wait, where's Sundew?" Tamia asked Char but he shrugged.

Sundew was also with them! She could help fend off these plants but she wasn't with them. A noise of crashing echoed through the air and they all looked up but no one was there. "Was that Sundew?" Tamia asked in a whisper "maybe" December answered then all of a sudden... A dragon dropped from the hole and hit the branch! The dragon fell of and hit the ground with a large thud but they realized that it was only Sundew. Sundew was on her back and groaned while flipping over and slowly began to get up, she rubbed her head then turned to see all the dragons staring at her especially Ink the Pitchwing. Sundew quickly growled at Ink and she hid behind December while shivering in fear, "don't be so scared! You took our continent and now you want to play nice and afraid!?" Sundew roared "Sundew stop! This Pitchwing is named Ink and she is nice, she can't be mind-controlled and is almost like Cricket except less questioning and different. She was abused by Orange while the rest aren't now just try to accept her that she is different. She got December all the way over here and I'm not just gonna give up on her now" Tamia argued, Sundew was surprised but sharpened her pupils at Ink while growling then let out a sigh.

Sundew grumbled and December knew that Tamia had won, she smiled at Tamia and thanked her. Sundew grumbled again and kept them moving through the forest. Ink asked Tamia a bit of questions about the others and Tamia happily answered them, "your a Night/Icewing Hybrid right?" Ink asked "yep!" Tamia responded "I've rarely seen Hybrids other than the Bluewings that live here" Ink said "what are Bluewings?" Char asked "oh! You guys weren't here when I explained it to December but their..." Ink stopped. December turned towards her and saw that she was looked at Sundew and Sundew looked back and snapped at her. "Were you gonna say something?" Sundew growled "their..." Ink began "their what?" Char responded "their Hybrids between... Pitchwings and Leafwings..." Ink sighed. Sundew had stopped and quickly whipped her head around and looked at Ink dead in the eyes "so your telling me that these 'Bluewings' are Hybrids between your disgusting kind and my kind that have done nothing to deserve this!? How could that be possible?" Sundew asked, December could see the anger blazing like fire in her voice and she quickly separated her and Ink.

Ink shifted under December's wing and hid away from Sundew while explaining again, "long ago before we were even though of... My kind had just started to finally build a life here and soon we came amongst the giant mountain, we found a forest and we had forbidden it because it was so dangerous then your kind found us. Pitchwings from 6 different blood lines had mated with Leafwings from another 6 different blood line and created these light blue dragons with a few features of Leafwings. They mostly mated with the Sapwings to keep them light but a few mated with Poisonwings which gave them a nasty attitude and deepened scales with colors of rusted gold. The past King and Queen had been disgusted by this and sent them to the dangerous forest but they quickly adapted to the forest since you guys could also adapt easily. They started multiplying and multiplying until the forest was covered with them and they started having dragonets who adapted with Leafspeak abilities and they worked across the forest to expand it until nearly half the continent was covered in the forest. They started their new tribe name called the Naturewings or more commonly the Bluewings" Ink explained. Sundew mumbled and turned away but took December by the ear and dragged her away to talk with her.