Chapter 4

"Who are they..." Blue said, his voice seemed to shiver "I don't know..." December whispered. The hive was normal except they were staring at dark blue dragons with shovel noses and eyes that looked to be blind. They all looked to be related but with only different marks but other than else... They looked exactly the same. December found them a hiding space in The Cocoon which was apart of Cicada Hive that was moved to the middle level. The Cocoon was a place where Silkwings could go through their metamorphosis at the age of six and luckily it was empty. December and Blue looked across a vast collection of Silkwings in cocoons but their cocoons were weird and had spots of black on them. All of them had spots of black as if they were infected! "I hope their okay!" Blue whispered in a loud tone "they'll be fine but-" December was cut off by a sound of another dragon growling. December and Blue hid behind The Cocoon entrance.

December listened closely as she heard the sound of a dragon. "Why are there reporting's of dragons from another continent already here!" The dragon barked "I don't know! And if I did know then I wouldn't be telling you!" Another dragon barked back but Blue remembered that voice... It was Io... Blue turned his head to look and December rested her head on top of his and looked at a huge orange and black Silkwing. Two small dark blue dragon guards were holding Io captive with weird thick black strings. "If you don't tell me how they got here so fast and who reported us to them then say goodbye to your friends!" The big, orange Silkwing yelled "you wouldn't dare touch them!" Io argued "oh I wouldn't!? Is that why I already sent over 61 of my Pitchwing army to go after them?" The orange Silkwing gave a toothy smirk and grabbed Io by her antennas. December and Blue watched as the orange Silkwing threw Io to the ground and placed her talons on her head. Io groaned but still wouldn't say anything and the orange Silkwing was mad. "Take her to Rebel's Way, maybe she'll learn not to talk back" the Silkwing snarled and the Pitchwings did as told.

Rebel's Way is not Misbehaver's Way where Swordtail was stiffened on a pedestal but instead Rebel's Way is located in Vinegaroon Hive which is another whole hive away from them. Hornet Hive was near Vinegaroon Hive but they didn't know how full Hornet Hive was, nor did they know where the others were and if Luna was safe. Blue didn't want to leave Io to the so-called Pitchwings and December agreed with him but they needed to sneak by them. "What about we paint ourselves to look like them!" Blue suggested "we could but were too big and you have two extra wings" December pointed out "uh, I'll create a diversion!" Blue suggested again "what! You'll get yourself killed" December argued "no, I'll lead that Silkwing and her army towards Hornet Hive then I'll gather up that army and you can sneak by" Blue explained. December was hesitant for a moment but sighed and December agreed with him. Before they decided to mess with the Pitchwings, they checked the Silkwing cocoons to see what the black stuff was. The black spots was actually goo sinking into the Silkwing silk.

December searched around and noticed that each cocoon was in a puddle of black goo. The goo slipped from the cocoons and landed on the floor where it was easy to step in. December also noticed that the goo was also thick strings that wrapped around the back of the cocoons, almost like what Io was being captive in. "What do you think this stuff is?" Blue asked "I don't know but maybe it's harmless" December said while lifting up her talon. The black goo stained her scales and it was very stretchy, "I think those Pitchwings have a different way of working than the Pantala tribes" December said "speaking of tribes" Blue added "where are all the dragons?" It was so quiet, maybe the dragons fled. December didn't know and Blue was worried about his friends but now they had to set Io free. The two looked out over a sea of Pitchwings then they saw the other dragons being carried in black cocoons! "That's where they all are..." December whispered. Pitchwings were carrying sleeping dragons from their homes to the outside and they were small but strong and fast. The Pitchwings were busy but Blue just wanted to get Io back so he ran out in the open where all the Pitchwings spotted him.