Chapter 3

It has been around half an hour but they still weren't there yet because everyone kept stalling. Or everyone who didn't have Icewing blood within them because they were complaining that they were cold. They stopped every 10 or so minutes to warm up over a nice and calming fire that Tamia would create and they were so thankful. December didn't mind what time they arrived at the Icewing kingdom because her friends were also important and her mother was fine back at the Icewing kingdom. They started their journey again after about 5 minutes of sitting by the fire and no they did not use wood, they used coals that Tamia brought for just this situation. They were only another 5 minutes away and if they didn't stop then they would be there.

Another 5 minutes passed and they were here! The kingdom of Icewings and all their glory! December was so excited but when she saw the area, it looked like a normal snowy area... The kingdom wasn't there and it was just a big area of snow and ice with mountains that had snow. "December, where exactly is the kingdom?" Sundew asked "maybe were not there but it looks like the area" December replied "I've also noticed that non of the Icewings were near the outside of the kingdom like they always are, it was quiet" Cricket explained. They took a trip around the area and December saw the holes in the mountains, this was the place! Where were the Icewings though? Where were was her mother and siblings? December was worried now as they searched around trying to find any Icewings. "Maybe they relocated their kingdom! Maybe the snow expanded and they found a place with more mountains to be in, bigger spaces, a larger place to build their kingdom! What if all the time we weren't here and saving the world, they were rebuilding a new kingdom and maybe haven't sent anything yet because their still in construction" Blue said, he sounded excited as if there was a new kingdom being rebuilt.

December thought Blue had a good point and Iceberg agreed with him. "He might be right, Queen Snowfall has complained that there are more Icewing dragonets being hatched and not enough space so maybe she has moved the Icewing kingdom to a bigger space but where would she locate the kingdom?" Iceberg asked Blue "I was hoping you guys would know any bigger spaces since you two used to live here, I'm not sure about Tamia though" Blue replied "I don't have a clue but we should look" December smiled, she was relieved. December flew down to where the kingdom should have been and felt the snow but then it crumbled beneath her talons and she got scared and flew up. December watched as that one little crack in the snow made all of the snow in a huge circle fall revealing a huge ditch. December was so surprised and flew down to see the Icewing kingdom! Queen Snowfall didn't move it, it had fallen into this ditch covered in snow.

Everyone flew down in landed in the small height of snow. The Icewings were shaking the snow off their scales but were all so happy to see the Gold winglet dragonets. December looked around and found her mother and siblings in scars! Blizzard ran over to December and wrapped her wings around her while kissing her head lightly. "My baby dragonet! I'm so glad your okay!" Blizzard cried "mother! What happened to you!?" December pointed out to all the scars "when the kingdom fell... We all got hurt really badly and we were all unable to fly for some reason" Blizzard explained and looked over the kingdom. December noticed how broken the kingdom was! The icicle-shaped houses were smashed into pieces, the castle had been separated into pieces, and the hatcheries were broken as well but also they were filled with blood. "Now they really do need to move their kingdom" Tamia said, her eyes were surprised as she looked over the broken kingdom. December was so upset, her only true home, her birth-home was destroyed and now she had to find out how this happened.

Iceberg had found his family who was led here by Queen Snowfall. She was covered in scars and bruises, her right wing was nearly torn in half, and her horns were cracked. Queen Snowfall was surprised to see the Gold winglet dragonets and greeted them with a calm voice. "Hello young dragonets, I know this looks really bad but were gonna get out of here somehow" Queen Snowfall said "wait, what even happened?" Cricket asked "I really don't know but all that I remember was going outside of my castle and seeing a group of dragons that were a weird shade of blue, they were following a dragon that was some odd color that I did not see and that's when the kingdom fell. I must have passed out but when I awoke... My dragons were complaining that those other weird dragons attacked and I have no idea why" Queen Snowfall explained "we were just about to ask you about something happening in Pantala" Tamia said and gave Queen Snowfall the note from Lady Scarab and her daughter Jewel. Queen Snowfall read through the scroll but she didn't lift her head at all "dark blue dragons? I don't know what the other dragons looked like but they did seem a bit small but not dark blue, more like regular blue with the sky".