Chapter 16

Two more days have passed since the explosion and Moon was doing well for herself and was finally able to walk normally and Fruit Bat was able to fly normally again. December was glad for both Fruit Bat and Moon but something was urging her to find out what caused the fire to start in the first place. December knew that if she could figure it out then it might help with the rotting fruit, dead animals, and dying trees because without this forest then the Bluewings and Naturewings have no where to hide and will have no kingdom because the Pitchwings will destroy it. December couldn't bare to see this wonderful place be destroyed and then generations will have to fix it. December flew over to Queen Blackberry who was with one of her daughters named Macaw and she told her about the weird part of the forest, "there's gotta be something we can do and maybe we could start by finding out what's wrong" December said "your right, Macaw, go back to your other siblings and me and the others will figure out what's wrong" Queen Blackberry turned to Macaw but Macaw had a 'but I don't want to go' look on her face.

Macaw was hesitant but flew away and disappeared into the crowds of dragons and dragonets flying around. Queen Blackberry, December, and the rest of her friends went out to where the explosion happened and the ice was beginning to melt finally. Queen Blackberry plucked some of the rotting fruits off of the trees and took a sniff but just like Tamarin she jerked back and dropped the fruit, the fruit hit the ground and made a weird slush noise as it bursted open. December wanted to puke and the smell wasn't getting any better either so they had to find a way to get rid of this problem fast. "What do you think is causing it?" Peril asked, she picked a rotting fruit but it burned in her talons before she could even look at it, "we don't know but were hoping to find out what is causing this to happen because if it spreads then there will be no more fruit to make fruit baskets or stuffed lizards or anything with fruit and the animals are dying so they might ne be able to eat in general" December explained "we can't have that happen, not to our kingdom" Queen Blackberry sighed.

December looked around the trees, the bark was a lot darker than healthy bark and the leaf's were easily falling and a few turned a bit black. December found something rustling in the leaf's but when she plucked a leaf off there was nothing so she stuck her talons in the pile of leaf's on the tree and rustled in around. Many leaf's fell off but then something sprayed at December and she jumped back but saw this weird, sticky, goo that looked to be dark green then it began eating at the tree bark. December went over and touched it but it stung her talons and she jumped back while wiping the goo off, "guys! I think I figured out what's causing the forest to die!" December called out and everyone came to see sticky goo. "What is that stuff?" Sundew asked "it's a type of acid it's not really dangerous to dragons if you don't eat it but it stings to the touch and to nature this stuff is evil and eats through nature like a snack" Tamia explained "that's... Can we get rid of it?" Dusky asked "yes... But..." Tamia replied "it's gonna need some..." Tamia stopped "Tamia? What's it gonna take?" Tsunami asked.

Tamia didn't reply but then she sighed and looked to be a bit afraid of something, "it's gonna take some Pitchwings to help" Tamia finally said "what!? Why them!?" Queen Blackberry yelled "we could use Rainwing acid but it would take years to get this to stop but a Pitchwings can absorb all this goo in one day but Ink can't do it because she's not like the rest and does have a glands or stomach to break it down" Tamia explained "there has to be another way!" Queen Blackberry argued "there is one other way but it involves... The Breath Of Evil..." Tamia sighed "I'll take the Breath Of Evil any day! What do we have to do?" Queen Blackberry demanded "we have to make powder out of it then we turn it into a gooey liquid then we pour it onto this while patch of forest and leave it for a month or two" Tamia said "a month? Sounds good enough to me" Queen Blackberry said "but that's not the last bit, after a month or two you'll need flamesilk to fully get rid of it or else it won't work and will only make it 10 times worse which is also why it's risky" Tamia finished "flamesilk? We'll try to get some but by that time or earlier then you guys will be gone" Queen Blackberry said.