•𝒩ℯ𝓌 𝒷ℯℊ𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃ℊ•

"Good morning everyone," I greeted my family. Well, the rest of her. My parents had died recently. Well, recently, it had been some time since the accident, but it was still fresh for me. It was fresh for all of us. I had never imagined, how it would feel to lose a parent. But I knew that already, because I had lost both of them. The worst thing was, that suddenly we were all alone. It felt so wrong. It was like if I had a big hole in my heart. Something went missing.

"So, how do you feel Georgie? Going to school or not. You know, it's your first day, so I think you should go, but if you still feel bad, you don't have to go," aunt Jenna said.

Aunt Jenna was my mom's younger sister. After dad's and mom's death, she had become our guardian. Which meant she was raising me, my older sister and my younger brother. She wasn't so lucky when it came to men. I couldn't figure out why. She was beautiful, kind, had got a nice hair, white teeth... Or perhaps she had just a bad taste in men.

"I don't know," I replied, "I think I will stay home. I will go tomorrow." Actually, I didn't feel that bad for me to stay home. I just didn't want to go to school. I wasn't ready. I could already see everyone being "so sorry" for me. And I didn't want to listen to it. It was just a reminder that I was never gonna see my parents again. Which was something I didn't want to admit to myself. Aunt Jenna was saying I was in denial. And what if I was? Everyone grieves in their own way. It wasn't my fault she had got over it so quickly. Or at least it seemed like it. Perhaps she was just good at hiding it.

"But you have to go tomorrow, G. I don't know how me and Bonnie will survive without you," Elena said and smiled at me.

Elena was my sister. A twin sister, actually. Most of the time I was addressing her El. She was three minutes older than me and there wasn't a time she wouldn't be using it against me.
I loved her. We were there for each other whatever was happening. She blamed herself for what had happened to our parents. Even though it wasn't her fault at all. However, for the past few weeks, she seemed to accept it. She accepted the fact our parents were dead, which I just couldn't.

"Don't worry, I think you can handle it even without me," I gave her a huge smile.

"You're just simulating anyway, Juju," said Jeremy, who appeared there from nowhere.

Jeremy, my beloved brother. No, it wasn't an irony. I really loved him. Even if he was kind of annoying sometimes. He was devastated about our parents death too. Obviously. In fact, he was the worst on it. He was taking drugs. Like all the time. All the time drugged. Me and Elena had tried to help him so many times, but apparently, he didn't want help. Someone could think about how I could help him, when I wasn't any better on it. But hey, at least I wasn't taking drugs. That of course didn't mean I hadn't tried it. I had tried it, but it wasn't really helping. I was probably the first person, who said it wasn't helping.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me Juju!" I complained angrily, ready to throw something on him, but there was nothing, which wouldn't kill or stun him.
He didn't answer and just walked away. I took something to eat and went back to my room. The moment I got there, I lay back into my bed and wished I wouldn't have to leave it anymore.
After a while, I heard Bonnie came. Bonnie was mine and Elena's best friend. She was there to pick up El.

"Bye, G," I heard Elena yelling from downstairs and right after her Bonnie, "Bye, GG."

"Bye bye, girls," I yelled back at them and closed my eyes, hoping I would fall asleep.
And I had really fallen asleep, because when I woke up, it was already 3 p.m. and nobody was home yet. I decided to go out on a fresh air, so I wouldn't sleep all day and to clear my mind. I didn't even think about where to go. I knew it without thinking. A cemetery. I went there every day to visit my parent's grave. Except that one last week. This day was the first one after the week I hadn't been there. It was because I had been sick.
I used to talk to mom and dad sometimes. Some people could say I was weird, but they wouldn't be the first and I was used to it already.

"Hi, I am sorry I wasn't here all week. I was sick. But don't worry, just a flu. I miss you so much," I said to my parents and sat opposite to their grave. "I stayed home and didn't go to school today. But I think I will go tomorrow. I am afraid to go there. I don't want to hear everyone's sorry, because it reminds me you. And that makes me sad." Tears started forming in my eyes.

I was interrupted by a crow, which made a sound and sat on the grave of my parents. I stood up and went to drive her away. "Shoo, shoo," I waved with my hand against it and it flew away. I turned back and the crow was there again, right in front of me and everywhere was fog. It was spooky and weird. Where could that fog come from? I felt really unsure about it and rather decided to return home.
I stopped in the entrance to the cemetery and looked back. There, behind one of those graves, was someone. I didn't wait on anything, turned and ran. Someone was surely following me. It was all so creepy.
I looked back during the run to see, if there was that person behind me, who had been behind one of those graves, but it was a mistake, because I tripped over something and fell. I got up quickly, ready to continue running, but from nowhere some guy appeared in front of me. I stopped before I could knock him down.

"You okay?" he asked me. I didn't answer. I just stood there staring at him for a little while. He was kind of handsome. He was tall, slim and muscular. He had short, straight, blond hair and pretty green eyes.

"Amm, yeah, I am. Were you following me?" I asked him and motioned to the cemetery.

"No, I - I saw you fall," he answered embarrassed a little.

"Ahaa, so you just happen to be hanging out on a cemetery?"

"I am visiting. I have a family here."

Amazing, it was so clever thing to say. "Oh, I'm sorry, but the fog – the fog, it's just – it's making me foggy. And the bird – there was this bird and it was all like from Hitchcock for a second. That is the bird movie, right, Hitchcock..." Did I really say that? Luckily, he was smiling at me and then finally said something, "Didn't you have straight hair at school?" Not the question I expected, but at least he said something.

"Yeah, I - you mean my sister Elena. We are twins. She is wearing straight hair and I am wearing wavy hair. Thanks to this people can recognize us. You know, I don't like wearing straight hair. Amm..., you don't care about this, right?" Why was I so nervous? "I'm Georgie."

"I'm Stefan," he answered and smiled at me. After a while, when we were just smiling at each other, he held out his hand to my hair and pulled out a leaf.

"Thanks," I thanked, "nice ring." He looked at his ring, "It's a family ring. I'm kind of stuck with it. It's weird, huh?"

"No, no. I mean, there are rings and then is that." We smiled at each other again, but suddenly he frowned, "Did you hurt yourself?"

"What?" I asked. But it wasn't because I wouldn't hear him. It was because I hadn't noticed I would hurt myself.

"Did you hurt yourself?" he asked again. I rolled up my trouser leg. I was really hurt. It had probably happened when I had fallen.

"Ohh, look at that, it's not pretty," I looked up and saw that Stefan was turned away from me. "Are you okay?"

"You should go. Take care of it."

"No really, it's nothing," I rolled my trouser leg down and when I looked up, he was already magically gone.

---------☀️---------

Author's note: Hi,
this is my first chapter and I hope you like it, because I do and I enjoy writing this.

I am happy that you decided to read this fanfic and would be glad, if you stayed with me.

I'm not a native english speaker, so there can be some grammatical mistakes. Please excuse them.
Terez🤍