•𝒮ℴ𝓂ℯ𝒷ℴ𝒹𝓎 ℐ 𝓊𝓈ℯ𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌•

I tried to open the car, but found out it was locked. Despite that, I pulled the handle at least another three times with more force.
I had thought I would find why me and Elena looked like Katherine, but I didn't. It sucked.

"Here, allow me," Damon came to me and unlocked the car. He even opened the door for me. However, when I wanted to get in, he stepped me in the way. He was so close to me that if he wanted to, he could kiss me, "You're not gonna be able to hate me forever."

"Can we just go?" I asked him bothered. He sighed and handed me some book, "You didn't dig deep enough." I looked at the book and on her spine there was a name Petrova.

"Petrova," I read it. "I saw this on the shelf."

"Katherine originally came from Europe. Petrova was her real name," he smirked. This smirk again. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. "Katerina Petrova to be exact," he finished.

"How did you know that," I looked at him.

"Back when, I saw it engraved on an old heirloom. Men snoop too, you know." I couldn't resist it. I wanted to hate him. I was supposed to. He had killed Jeremy. So why did I feel that way? Why made me his smile nervous?

"Let me know what you find. Very curious myself," he said. I was about to get in the car, but he stopped me again, "You have every right to hate me. I understand. But you hated me before we became friends. It would suck, if that was gone forever." He looked at me friendly. "So is it? Have I lost you forever?" he smiled at me again. I had never seen this smile on his face before. It was unusual. Did he wanted to fix things? Well, even if he did, I wasn't sure if I wanted to. Plus I didn't understand the way he had been acting the whole day. I would say he had even flirted with me before. However, it hadn't been the flirting I was used to. It had been different. Another act that confused me; Did he actually apologize?

"Thank you for the book, Damon," I replied. He just nodded sadly and motioned me to get in the car. As soon as I got in, he shut the door behind me and sat at the passenger seat. Then we were silently waiting there for Alaric and James. James was really interested in all of it. He was not as much freaked out as I had been when I found out.
The way back had gone in silence. We had had nothing to talk about. I was glad I hadn't fallen asleep.
We arrived and I got out of the car. My legs were numb. I thought I wouldn't be able to reach the door.

"Road trips work well for us," Damon walked behind me.

"That doesn't mean that things are back to the way they used to be, Damon."

"Oh, come on! You know I chipped a little bit off of your wall of hatred," he was following me to the door. I turned to him, "I need to know the truth. When you broke Jeremy's neck, did you know he was wearing the ring?" Damon's eyes were flickering between mine.

"No. No, I didn't," he admitted. So he had lied to me. He had said he had known about it. "Katherine really pissed me off and – and I – I snapped and... I got lucky with the ring. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't wearing it. Georgie, I'm sorry." I nodded at him. Tears were forming in my eyes. Although, Katherine had pissed him off, he had not had the right to do it. I couldn't forgive him even if I wanted to. I just couldn't.

"Thank you for being honest with me," I said and he smiled slightly. "And the answer to your question about our friendship... is yes... you have lost me forever," I finished and turned to leave.

"But you knew that already, didn't you?" he asked.

"No, Damon, actually, I didn't. Well, I wasn't sure. But you lied to me. For the first time you lied to me. And I don't think I can be a friend with a liar. Plus, you had informations about Katherine that I needed."