•ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝓃ℴ𝓉 𝓉𝓇𝓊ℯ•

We left the tomb, but without Katherine. It showed up she had never been in the tomb. She lived her vampire life without even thinking about Damon or Stefan. Which Damon didn't take so well and so didn't Bonnie. Not because of Katherine, of course, but because her grandma had died after keeping that tomb open. The spell had been too strong for her.
      Bonnie was now living with her aunt. And as for me and Elena, Jenna had helped us find our biological mother. We didn't know where our mother was, but we knew where her friend Trudie lived. There was a chance that our mother was Mr. Saltzman's wife, because her name was Isobel too. But she was already dead.

Me and Elena stood in front of Trudie's front door.

"Okay," Elena knocked on the door, which opened on an instance and revealed a young woman with medium – length wavy blond hair. She was smiling at us and that gave me the courage to speak, "Trudie? Trudie Peterson?"

"Yeah," she nodded and didn't stop smiling.

"My name is Georgie Gilbert and this is my sister Elena," I motioned at my sister. "We wanted to talk to you about Isobel Flemming."

"Well I haven't heard that name in years. How do you know her?"

"We think, amm," I tucked my hair behind my ear, but it was useless, because it fell back down thanks to my huge waves.

"Well, do you know if she had babies that she gave up for adoption?" Elena asked.

"OMG, you're her daughters," Trudie exhaled shocked and then smiled again. "I was just gonna make some tea, would you like some?" I relieved when she said that and Elena did probably too. I kind of liked Trudie's energy. It was so dazzling.

"Sure," Elena nodded.

"Ahh, the kitchen is this way," Trudie stepped aside letting us enter her house.

"Do you have any idea who our father is?" Elena asked.

"I could never get her to fess up," Trudie shook her head. I nodded sadly. "Anyway," Trudie continued, "she finally pulled it together. Got into college on a scholarship."

"Where did she go?" I wanted to know.

"Somewhere in North Carolina. Duke I think. Smart girl, smart school." We smiled. The kettle started whistling. The water was boiled. "Let me just grab that," Trudie got up and went to prepare our tea. Along with the tea, she also brought an album. We went through it and stopped at almost every photo.

"They came to the games for us. The football team hadn't won in years. We were the stars," Trudie narrated. Me and Elena were examining the photo of Isobel and Trudie in cheerleader costumes. "Well, Izzy was. But I was a damn good backup."

"This is great. Thank you." We were so grateful that she was willing to talk to us about Isobel.

"You're welcome," she looked at our full cups. "You haven't touched your teas." I reached for mine cup and took a sip. It tasted weird. It tasted like vervain.

"What is this?" I had to ask.

"Oh, it's just some herbal mixture." So she knew. She knew about vampires. She hadn't even invited us in and then this tea.
      We confronted her about it, but she didn't want to talk about it with us.

"I think that you should probably leave."

"Wait, what are you not telling us?" I asked.

"Please, leave. Now!"

"But – "

"G, come on, let's go," Elena took my hand and led me out. That was weird. How could she even know about vampires?