•ℳℯℯ𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓂𝓎 𝓂ℴ𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇•

After what had happened at Miss Mystic Falls to James, Damon had compelled him to remember that everything had gone well; he had danced with me and we had had a nice evening. He had left the next morning and promised to visit soon again.
      El had managed to cure Stefan from his blood addiction. He was okay. But to get there, he had had to spent some time locked up in a dungeon. It had been kinda hard to help him, because he had wanted to let himself die. He had been so on edge.
      And uncle John knew about vampires. He had asked Elena about it. Well, he had told her he knew she knew. To that all, there was some weird device, which Jonathan Gilbert had invented about hundred years ago and uncle John wanted it. The problem was that the one who had it was Damon, who wasn't going to give it to anybody.

---------☀️---------

I was sitting by the table with Caroline and Bonnie trying to come up with a Miss Mystic Falls float. Caroline searched up what they had done last year and showed it to us.

"And this is exactly what we don't want to do," she said. I agreed. It wasn't that bad, but I was sure we could do better.

"Okay, so what are we doing?" Bonnie wondered.

"Southern classic elegance," Caroline melted at the words.

"Gone with the wind?" I commented.

"How did you know?" Caroline asked.

"You channel Scarlett daily."

"So true." We laughed.

"Where's Elena? She's supposed to be helping."

"She should be here soon. She went with Stefan." I caught a glimpse of nervousness on Bonnie's face, but didn't comment it. She was practically avoiding Elena. But just because of Stefan. She blamed him and Damon for what had happened to her Grams.
      I didn't know why, but she was okay with me. And I had a lot to do with that supernatural too. Though since the Miss Mystic Falls, I was kinda trying to avoid Stefan. He had almost killed James. I knew it wasn't his fault, but he had still tried. It was hard for me. Stefan was my friend, but I just had to absorb it. It wasn't a problem to have a conversation with him. However, it was better for me when I didn't have to.

Caroline sensed it and wanted to say something, when Mr. Saltzman walked over to us, "Georgie, hey."

"Hello, Mr. Saltzman," I greeted him politely.

"Come with me, I need to talk to you," he said. I looked at girls and excused myself.

Mr. Saltzman led me into the history classroom, where were already Elena and Stefan. I looked at them and demanded explanation, "Okay, what's going on in here?"

"I don't know. We were waiting on you," El answered. I turned to Mr. Saltzman, who spoke up, "I met Isobel yesterday and she wants to meet up with you two. Well, the most with Georgie." He looked at me and waited on my reaction.

"Why me?" I looked at him curiously. "I don't want to meet her. Can't we just ignore her?"

"I'm afraid that this is not an option," Mr. Saltzman looked at me sadly. I wanted to answer on that, but I was interrupted by Damon, who entered the room.

"Damon, thanks for coming," Mr. Saltzman sighed from relief like if he thought that Damon wouldn't come.

"Sorry I'm late. Dog ate my – never mind," he didn't finish his joke, when he realized it wasn't appropriate.

I stared at him. I didn't talk to Damon for some time either. But with him it was different. I hadn't been avoiding him. I wasn't mad at him at all. I was mad at me, not just Stefan.
      While I had danced with Damon, I had not even thought about James. My head had been full of Damon. James could have died. I had dared to enjoy the dance with the man who I should hate. And that was the problem, somehow I couldn't hate him, even though I wanted to.