•𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓉ℴ𝓂𝒷•

"Well, what do you know?" Damon and I got on the place, where his father was buried, and found Elena with Stefan there. "This is an interesting turn of events," Damon continued.

"I can't let you bring her back. I'm sorry," Stefan said. Okay, this wasn't good. Did they betray Damon for real? They had lied to him. They hadn't even told me.

"So am I. For thinking for even a second that I could trust you," Damon sighed. Sadness was heard in his voice, but Stefan just scoffed, "You are not capable of trust. The fact that you're here means that you read the journal and you were planning on doing it yourself."

"Of course I was going to do it by myself. Because the only one I can count on is me! You made sure of that many years ago, Stefan." He then turned to me, "And you? You knew about this?" I looked at him and shook my head to indicate no. I wasn't lying. I was surprised too about what Elena and Stefan did.

"So, what are you going to do now?" he turned to look at Stefan. "Because if you try and destroy that, I will rip her heart out," he motioned at me. A horrified expression appeared on my face. He wouldn't. He wouldn't do that. Or would he? No.

"You won't kill her," Stefan sounded convinced by his judgement. Honestly, I wasn't so sure about it the moment Damon appeared behind me and held me under my neck. "No!" Elena screamed. "Don't do this please, don't hurt her." A fear reflected on Stefan's face.

"Damon, please, I swear I didn't know," I said, but he wasn't paying an attention to me. "I can do one better," he bit his wrist and made me drink his blood. My mouth was full of the metallic taste of blood. I straggled not to swallow it, but eventually I didn't have another choice. When he removed his wrist away from my mouth, the last drops of blood stayed on my lips. I coughed out the rest.

"Give me the book, Stefan. Or I'm snapping her neck. Elena will have a vampire sister and you and I a vampire girlfriend. Sounds interesting, don't you think?" Damon grinned. I was scared. Not scared, I was terrified. I feared he was actually going to do it.

"Let her go first," Stefan negotiated.

"Damon, please," Elena begged.

"And why would I do that? The book!" Damon was losing his patience.

"I'm not gonna give this to you until she is standing next to Elena," Stefan demanded.

"The problem is, I no longer trust that you'll give it back."

"You just did the one thing that ensures that we will," Elena said with voice full of worry. Stefan slowly put the book on the ground. I felt Damon gently pressing his face against my hair before he slowly released me from his grip. I wasn't sure what that act should have meant. It was like if he was reassuring me that he wouldn't really hurt me. I ran into Elena's arms sobbing, "Elena!" She held me tightly in her arms, "It's okay, Georgie. It's okay now." I held her even tighter and let a few tears escape my eyes.

I was sitting on my bed and Elena on the edge of it.

"You know, I thought there was something good in him. I really did. He was so nice to me at this dance. I mean, he even made me laugh. I was happy. And now, he wanted to turn me into a vampire and I... I don't know what to think. I just guess I was wrong about him. This whole feeling that deep down in him is good was just a lie," I told El, while I was playing with my fingers.

"I know, I know. But that's Damon. You can't trust him," she said and patted my leg with which she earned my attention. "Georgie, stay away from him."

"It's not that easy, you know. Since we're in this mess," I cried out. I wanted it to end. "And my head's spinning."