•𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽 𝒶𝒷ℴ𝓊𝓉 𝒦𝓁𝒶𝓊𝓈•

"Can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar!" Caroline complained.

"And keep Stefan and Damon busy. We don't want them to know what we're up to," I said to her.

"I'm even worse at the duplicity. And you know this!" she whined.

"Caroline, please," I pleaded.

"Stefan's gonna see right through me."

"Caroline, as our friend, do you promise or not?"

"You had to break out the girlfriend code," she complained again. "Okay, I promise."

"Why don't you want Stefan and Damon to know?" she asked.

"Because they would never be okay with us doing this," Elena answered and we climbed down into the tomb.

"But you know you're asking for the truth from someone who's probably never given it. Are you sure about this?" Caroline asked us.

"Yes, we have to know, Care," I pleaded. Caroline sighed and went to open the tomb for us.

"Katherine?" Elena called to her into the tomb and turned to Care, "We'll be okay from here." Caroline gave us an unsure look.
      We all looked to the tomb entrance when we heard Katherine's weak, slow steps. She came out on a light, which was coming in from the outside. She looked miserable. "Hello, girls. Come to watch me wither away?" she looked at me and El. The last look belonged to Care, "Goodbye, Caroline."

"As long as we stay on this side of the door, she can't hurt us," Elena assured Caroline, but she didn't seem to trust us. Well, to Katherine. Though she nodded at us eventually, gave Katherine a hateful look and left.

"Stefan and Damon know you're here?" Katherine asked, but we ignored her question. "We brought you some things," Elena said and put that one bag on a stone next to the entrance into the tomb.

"You came to bribe me," she concluded. "What is it that you want?" I threw a blanket at her, "We want you to tell us about Klaus."

"Mmm, you've been busy."

"And we also brought you this," I pulled out a light and a book about her family. "It's your family history." She shivered a little.

"Says in here that the family line ended with you," Elena informed her. "Obviously, that's not true." Katherine grinned, "You think that if you brought me some family keep sake that I'd open up?" Me and Elena were prepared for it. So we had brought something else either. Blood. Which she was more interested in and was willing to tell us what we wanted to know.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I. All the way back to England 1492 after I left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out."

"Thrown out?" Elena asked confused.

"My family, your true ancestors, they just didn't want me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. Shame."

"It was kept a secret?" I concluded and she confirmed it with a nod.

"My baby was given away. I was banished to England and I had to learn to adjust." Actually, I felt kind of sad for her. I guessed she hadn't had a good life after all. Perhaps that was why she had been acting like that. Like a real bitch. "So I quickly became English," she continued. "It was there where I caught the eye of a noble man named Klaus. I was taken with him first, until I found out what he was and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell."

"So, what did Klaus want?" Elena asked, standing up, while I remained seated.

"The same thing that he wants from the two of you. He wants to break the curse."