•𝒟ℯ𝒸𝒶𝒹ℯ 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸ℯ•

I was sitting at the bar and watching Elena and Stefan dance, when Caroline and Bonnie came to me. "Having fun?" I smiled at them. Caroline tilted her head to the right and admitted, "No, but this took about two hours, so I'm at least staying half of that." I laughed.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bonnie looked behind me, where was Damon sipping his drink. I turned around to look at him.

"He wanted to come," I turned my attention back to girls. "I'm not happy either, but it's not like I can kill him," I sighed.

"Here's a thought," Bonnie kept eyeing him hatefully.

"I'll help," Caroline picked up her drink and they both cheered. I shook my head with a laugh.

Caroline and Bonnie went dancing and I was left alone. I didn't want to dance. Mainly because I was stressed out and kept looking around in case that vampire would show up.

"Hi, Jen. Wanna dance?" Damon approached me and held out his hand to me with a smile. I looked at him annoyed, "No, thanks."

"Please," he begged. Maybe one dance? I couldn't sit by this bar the whole time and be afraid of that vampire.

"Fine, but just one dance," I took his hand, he pulled me up on my feet and led me on the parquet among other, dancing people.

"Are you better?" he asked me as he put his hands on my waist and I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"You don't have to pretend like you care," I was looking at others, because I didn't want to look at him. Though when I finally had the courage to look at him, he was scanning the crowd of people, looking for that vampire.

"Shouldn't you guys be able to sense each other or something?" I asked him.

"No. It doesn't work that way. See him anywhere?" he answered my question and asked me another without at least glancing at me.

"Not unless he has a pompadour," I smiled lightly.

"Not one of the better fashion trends," he informed me. I could feel his eyes on me.

"Ready?" he asked when he didn't get any respond from me.

"For what?" I looked at him to meet his eyes for the first time during the dance.

"For this," he said, caught my hand, spun me away from him and pulled me back in. His hands held my hips tightly and threw me up in the air. When I fell back into his arms, I was shocked. It really surprised me that I almost forgot on how to breathe.
      Damon ended up his dance move by spinning me around and leaning over me, which made me bend in my back. Then he pulled me back up quickly.
      We were so close to each other that our chests were touching. I pulled away from him and couldn't stop the laugh, which vanished in the music and conversations of other people.

"Wow. That was amazing!" I almost screamed. I totally forgot myself somewhere and couldn't control it. I felt epic.

"I know," he gave me a smirk, "you forgot to breathe." I slapped his shoulder teasingly and demanded on him to show me more dance moves and he did. I had a really good time with him. I forgot on who he really was and that he was a ruthless and careless monster. I just melted into the moment.

"I need a break," I told him after another dance and headed to one of the corner tables. Damon went for something to drink. I couldn't figure out if he was this nice because he just played with me or if he was his nicer version that I hadn't got the chance to meet until now.
      Before I got to the table, my phone had rung. I picked it up and some voice I didn't know echoed throughout it, "Hello, Georgie. Guess what you're going to do. There is an exit behind you, you have five seconds." It was that vampire.