29 pt. 1

Euronymous fought back a smile, trying his best not to laugh. The whole display was nothing short of pathetic, almost as if a child had decorated instead of a full-grown adult. He looked around the room, his eyes taking in the different colors of streamers, balloons, and various other decorations that Valerie had put together. Shades of red and black decorated the walls while a dozen or so purple balloons floated around the room. It was, by all accounts, the most childish birthday party he had ever been thrown.

Pathetic, but done with a lot of care.

The thought softened his smile, the laugh he had been holding in now choked down as his eyes moved to meet Valerie's.

"It's not much," she whispered sheepishly. "But I did try my best. It's been a while since I've decorated for a birthday before."

Euronymous shook his head. "I love it."

And he meant it.

The fact she had even gone through the trouble of going out and getting decorations, setting them up, and surprising him showed that she really did care for him and love him. Maybe they weren't fully in love with each other yet, but he couldn't deny that he did in fact love her.

Her face lit up with pride, hands clapping together as she did a small bounce. Euronymous couldn't help but chuckle at the display.

"Don't think this is everything," she continued. "I made you a cake for tonight and I've got reservations at that Japanese restaurant you. The guys, Vanessa, and Melanie will meet us there and we'll celebrate!"

"You didn't have to do all that, Val,"

"Given everything that's been going on, you deserve to have a somewhat nice birthday. A whole day all about you, no stress, just having a good time with the people who care about you."

"Alright, alright, don't be getting mushy on me," he joked. "I guess it would be nice to just forget about the bullshit for a night."

"That's the spirit!"

**A small baby chapter to remember Euronymous on his birthday <3**