Season 2 Chapter 8: Sports Festival Finale

The students from class A, as well as everyone watching in the stadium really, didn't really understand what had happened. Ben in one second was on the offensive, with the upper hand against Todoroki, on the other he was on the ground, unconscious.

Kaminari:  "Did Atsuhito just lost?"

Kaminari questioned.

Sero: "He-.... He's down... Why?"

Sero joined his confusion.

Tsuyu: "Maybe it was something about his aliens that we don't know?"

Tsu deducts.

Bakugo and Midoriya were equally confused. None of the two had ever seen ben fight like that before, it was something new for the both of them.

Jiro looked worried, evidently. Even more so when the guy had to be carried away by medical bots on a stretcher.

On the arena. Todoroki's expression was a mix of surprise and worry, he was still trying to absorb what what just happened. Ben had stopped seconds away from winning the match, even with his flames he wasn't sure if it was gonna be enough.
It wasn't skill, or his quirks that got him the win... it was luck.

He looked at his left hand, pondering. He almost had used his flames, AGAIN something he promised to never use in the Sports Festival. Even though he won, he felt like he lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben slowly opened his eyes, recovering consciousness, he looked around, he was back at Recovery Girl's office. The old lady was finishing patching him up, bandaging his hands.

Recovery girl : "Oh, you're finally awake."

Ben:  "Argh, my head."

He felt a throbbing headache.

Recovery girl: "Here."

She handed a painkiller along with a glass of water. Ben  gulped it down.

Ben: "May I have another glass of water, please?"

Recovery girl: "Sure, sweetie. Are you feeling well?"

Ben: I'm ok."

He gulped the other glass of water down.

Ben: "It's just I got tired and worn out. By the way, what happ-.."

he remembered.

Ben: "Oh. I lost."

He looked down, saddened by his performance.

Class 1-a: Ben!!!!!

His classmates broke through the door.

Ben: "Oh, hey guys."

Midoriya: "Are you ok?!"

Midoriya questioned.

Sero: "That was insane!"

Sero added.

Sero: "We didn't knew you were so strong!"

Ben: thanks. It was nothing, really. He didn't even use his flames."

Uraraka: "You were awesome out there!"

Uraraka remarked.

Uraraka: "You went against the strongest student in our class and held your own!"

Jiro: "What happened to your hands?"