In The Commons

"Where did you take me." Black hissed, looking around. While you wanted to pester Black, you had to admit you had no idea were you are. 

"Honestly, I'm not sure." You reply, looking around the dark and musty room. It definitely was the Ravenclaw common room, but it felt...cold and distant. The liveliness was gone. No one was insight and the candles were out. The windows showed a night sky instead of the gloomy storm that you were used to. 

"So, this is the Ravenclaw common room? I always knew it was depressing compared to the absolute astounding spectacle the Slytherin common room is." Black boasted, the pride radiating from his face. 

"At least mine doesn't look like a dungeon." You retort, examining the empty room. Chairs where students would sit were knocked over and broken. On one of the tables was a letter written by what seemed to be a student. You pick it up.

"Yours doesn't look much better at the moment." Black hissed, storming around the room. His patience was waning as he waited for you to finish reading the letter. 

"Do you happen to know a Cornelius Hopkirk?" You ask jokingly. Black perked up at your words. With a face of sheer horror, Black began filing through papers that were left around. "Are you okay?" You ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"What is the date?" He picked up a paper as he stumbled over to you. "Oh, no." Showing you the paper, the sudden realization hit both of you. The year was 1870. How could it be 1870? You weren't even born yet! Not to mention Black would only be 25 or so. Suddenly, the sound of a loud crash came from the bottom of the stairs that led up to the Ravenclaw common room. Both of you hid behind one of the couches and peered over the back to see what was happening. Black was nervously sweating which was something you had never seen before. He was usually confident and proud. Sure, he wasn't exactly the bravest and was very much a scaredy-cat, but he never let you know he was. A Ravenclaw student with light brown hair, blue eyes, and a scar across his lip walked up the stairs. 

"So you won't even talk to me!" He snapped, turning around to face...Black? A much younger Black...you look over at normal Black who looked as if he was going to have a heart attack right then and there.

"I can not associated myself with someone who does not have pure blood..." Younger Black explained, reaching out for the student. He had to be a fifth year. He didn't look old enough to be a seventh year and definitely not young enough to be a third year. 

"Your family should be ashamed of what you believe. Do you really believe that pure bloods are any different from half-bloods or Muggle borns?" The boy hissed, distancing himself from the professor. 

"Well, I..." He trailed off. The boy's anger grew. 

"I'm not pure of blood, but yet I am more powerful than you..." He muttered, the ground below him glowing. It looked exactly like your ancient magic! Did he also possess ancient magical abilities like you? 

"Cornelius, please--" 

"Cornelius what? I thought you cared about me! When I transferred here and I had no one... It seems I have no one again." Cornelius wiped away tears as he turned away from Black. You turned to normal Black who was watching with discomfort. 

"I didn't know what to do." He whispered to you. The other Black was trying to figure out what to say, but nothing came of his efforts. 

"It seems you need space." He said, turning to leave. 

"Yeah and I'll need it for the rest of my life." Cornelius snapped as Black left with a frown. The boy walked down the stairs to the dormitories. You were alone again. 

"So, you've never been in the Ravenclaw common room before, huh?" You hiss at him, standing up. 

"You weren't supposed to know about this." He replied, standing up and walking over to the staircase where his other version had left earlier.

"What became of that boy?" You ask, following him. 

"I wish I knew." He sighed, attempting to walk down the stairs, but some sort of barrier prevented him from doing so. He tried a few spells on the barrier to no avail. Finally he spat, "Incendio!" making you burst out laughing. 

"Like that's going to work genius." You snicker, "Alohomora!" nothing happened.

"I wonder if that spell can only be used on locks!" Black said, sarcastically. You scowl at him as his proud and flamboyant appearance returned. 

"It was a better idea than Incendio." You reply, watching Black pace the room. "How are we going to get back oh wise one." 

"If you stop talking maybe I will come up with something." Black muttered. You thought about the stained glass window that was mysteriously gone from the room. Why did it lead you to the past and why did it show them that memory? "Where is the window?" You two began to look for the window. You both moved curtains and lit candles to try and identify the window. 

Nothing. 

Where had it gone? The more important question...HOW WERE THEY GOING TO GET BACK?! 

"Professor," You say, rapidly losing hope in finding the window. "Did you find anything?" 

"I'm afraid not." Meeting each other in the middle of the room, you could feel the panic building in your stomach. 

"There has to be someway! If were not allowed to leave the common room than something must be here!" You explain, throwing pillows off the chairs and couches. Black did not join you as he looked off in the direction Cornelius had gone before. 

"Get behind the couch!" He snapped, rushing over and jumping over the back of the couch. You had to admit that was impressive for him. You hid with him and watched as Cornelius reentered the room with a pendant in hand. He went over to the table that had the letter from earlier. Cornelius was muttering to himself and you tried to get closer so you could hear better. 

"Stupid, Black. He will never change. If he ever becomes a headmaster..." He mumbled, twisting the pendant in his hand. "He didn't even notice what happened to the common room. Why would he? He's only interested in his self. Because if he had asked what happened...oh, he would have realized what he'd done." The ground below Cornelius was glowing blue, just like your ancient magic. You looked at Black who was trying his best to avoid looking at the boy. "Oh and by the way...I know you're here, Black." Cornelius appeared behind the two of you, startling you enough to be unprepared to fight him. In a matter of seconds, Black yelled with his wand out pointed: 

"Crucio!" But everything went well...black. You awoke on the cool ground outside of Black's office. Next to you was Black himself who was also awakening. You look to where the stained glass window once stood. It was gone. 

"Professor?" You ask turning to see him sitting on the floor. Crawling over to sit next to him, you could tell that his mind was racing like  a cheetah. "What was that?" You ask, hoping to snap him out of his thoughts. 

"A memory." He whispers, "A memory we shall never speak of again." He stood up and stormed into his office before slamming the door on you. It seemed you had a mystery to solve.