The Raven is Dead

"Headmaster?" Professor Weasley asked, walking into the hospital wing. Black opened his eyes, the light in the room burning his eyes to a crisp. He hadn't expected a visit from anyone anytime soon, but nonetheless...

"Yes?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. 

"Something has happened..." Her lip trembled as she rubbed her arms for comfort. 

"So?" Black yawned. 

"The Ravenclaw Common Room--" 

"Y/N!" He blurted, realizing what he had just said. Professor Weasley gave him a strange look. "Uh...the students!" He corrected, but Professor Weasley still didn't seem too pleased. 

"As I was saying...the Ravenclaw Common Room has been attacked." She paced around his bed. Her face scrunched with fear. 

"What happened?" 

"The students are...talking strangely. We don't quite know what is happening..." She said as Professor Hecat walked in. 

"My students are zombies, Black! What happened?" She hissed with her hands clenched. Weasley's lips tightened as the fear spread. 

"You couldn't control them?" She asked. Hecat shook her head. Black's mind was racing as he thought about Y/N. Were you okay? Did this zombie epidemic effect you? He just wanted to see you. He wanted to know you were alright...what was he thinking? You were fine...you could handle yourself, but Black still felt worry spread over himself. 

"Headmaster, we have to act." Hecat pressed. The others turned to him expectantly. What was he supposed to say? They both knew he wasn't a good headmaster. Normally he wouldn't care, but now knowing you were involved, things were different.  

"Indeed." He muttered, pushing himself off the bed. "Let's go and see the common room." The three stormed out of the hospital wing. Students looked at them with worry at the seriousness they showed. Professor Sharp, Ronan, Howin, and Garlick joined them as they went. Students murmured  as they arrived at the front of the common room. Hecat unlocked it and revealed the inside. Black immediately looked for you, he hoped that somehow you had escaped the spell, but there you were. Laid out of the couch like an unused marionette, your eyes glowed purple and your hand twitched. The other students mirrored your demeanor. Garlick gasped and almost broke into tears. Ronan comforted her as Sharp began to walk into the room. 

"No!" Hecat hissed, stopping him. "We already lost Mr. Moon." She pointed to Moon who stood like the others near the entrance. "The room is cursed and there is nothing we can do about it." 

"Y/N..." Black whispered to himself. Weasley glanced at him, a small smirk arising in the corner of her mouth. 

"I'm sure there is a way to save the students..." She turned to him. 

"How? What can we do against a curse!?" Black's heart pounded. 

"There must be a counter curse." Ronan suggested, examining the scene. "We will need a few of my books and then we should be able to free the students...or at least a couple of them." This was the best chance they had. At the drop of a hat, everything could go wrong. 

"Who cast this curse?" Black asked. 

"Maybe you know." Sharp hissed, "You have been getting very close with a certain Ravenclaw student." Black blushed before letting out a deep breath. 

"She has been helping me fight a dark wizard and I assure you that we have things covered--" 

"Cornelius Hopkirk?" Sharp glared at him. "The wizard that just broke out of Azkaban and has been terrorizing Hogsmeade Valley?" Now everyone's eyes were on him and Black didn't know what to do. He couldn't reveal everything to them...could he? They knew about the respiratory, but how would they react to a new set of trials?

"She had been helping me fight Cornelius." He said, plainly. Weasley sighed, touching his arm. 

"You are putting her in harms way, Phineas." She whispered to him. "She has already been through so much." 

"I know that. It's just...we have ties. I mean ties to Cornelius and we both want to see him get what he deserves." 

"The let him get what he deserves through the law, not through you." 

"You're no fun." 

"Neither are you." She replied, moving away from him. Sharp stood in front of the others, defensively. 

"I'm sorry that I hid this from you, but I didn't know..." He trailed off, staring at you. 

"Didn't know what? Black." Sharp drew closer to him. The other professors pulled him back. 

"That she would get hurt." He longed to see you alive again. Not in this lifeless state that you were in now. You looked so dead and all he wanted to do was breath life into you once more. To see you flick your wand and ride your broom with no care in the world. Now you laid on a couch with a twitch hand that followed the clock on the wall. 

"You care so much about one student over the lives of everybody else--" 

"Sharp! That is enough!" Weasley hissed, "Ronan, get those books." Ronan nodded and quickly dashed off. Students were beginning to crowd around the common room. 

"Classes are cancelled until further notice!" Black shouted as he stared at you. Weasley looked taken aback. 

"We haven't discussed this--" 

"Classes are cancelled, Professor Weasley!" He yelled, clutching his arms. She did not protest as the professors began to direct students back to their common rooms. The students began screaming as they were scared that their rooms were cursed as well. "They can sleep in the Great Hall." Black added, which made the students uproar. 

"We will discuss this, Black." Weasley hissed, under her breath. Black didn't care as long as a solution was to come soon. If he could even just save you. It would all be worth it. Everyone shifted and moved around him. He felt like he had been there for hours just staring and hoping and believing and... 

"If you stand there any longer you'll be dead." Hecat patted him on the back. Black finally pried himself away from the door. He hadn't realized how many students were still complaining with teachers. He moved passed them and towards the Great Hall. On his way out he saw Ronan running towards the common room. 

"Headmaster!" He exclaimed, "I have some good and bad news." Black turned to him expectantly. "I discovered what curse was used. It is called the Marionette Curse and it is used to control and group of people for a certain amount of time. The counter curse on the other hand is rather interesting. One person is chosen to be broken from the curse and they will set the group free. The only thing that the book fails to mention is exactly what this person will do, but I do know how to free this person. I assume it will be Miss L/N." Black took a moment to relay the information to his brain. 

"Why does the book not mention what the person will do?" Black asked. 

"That's because it's never worked before. The person who was chosen was always killed by the person who placed the curse." 

"Cornelius..." Black hissed, "There is no time to waste." Black and Ronan raced back to the common room in hopes to save the Ravenclaw students and whoever else was effected.