Half-Blood

Black sat in his office thinking about you. That's all he could do anymore. He had admitted he loved you and now you had told him the same thing. How could he not think about you. You. You. You. 

"Master?" Scrope appeared in front of Black's desk. Black hadn't seen the house elf in a while which made sense since Black hadn't really interacted with anybody recently. Scrope had two other elves next to him. 

"What is it?" He asked, staring at him curiously. One of the elves had a hat with flowers on and the other just wore rags. 

"Scrope thinks that Mrs. Black wishes to speak with master." He explained, handing Black a letter. 

"Who are your friends?" Black asked, turning the envelope over in his hands. 

"This is Penny and Deek." Scrope pointed to the two. Penny took off her hat and bowed as Deek looked fearful towards him. 

"A pleasure." Black nodded to them. Deek shifted uncomfortably. 

"Is Deek alright?" Penny asked the fidgety Elf. 

"Miss Y/N has mentioned Black before." He explained, hopping from foot to foot in fear. 

"You've met Y/N?" Black asked, completely ignoring the letter in his hands. You had talked about him before? He could practically burst with excitement. 

"Penny helps run Miss Y/N's shop." Penny burst. Shop? Why hadn't he heard about a shop before? What were you selling? His secrets? 

"Deek had helped Miss Y/N with her magical creatures in..." Deek trailed off, not sure if she mention the forbidden secret room that Professor Weasley had shown you long ago. 

"In what?" Black gripped the letter. 

"Deek can not say, sir. Deek must protect Miss Y/N's secrets just as much as any one of Miss Y/N's friends." He hid behind Scrope. Black's lips tightened. Why couldn't he know about this place? He was more than a friend of yours now. How could a simple House Elf not tell him something about you? Black relaxed, loosening up his grip on the letter. 

"Very well." Black said as Scrope and the others left. Black dreaded the letter in his hands. What did Ursula want now? He undid the envelope and unraveled the letter inside. 

Dearest Husband, 

The divorce papers are on the way. What an exciting time! I hope that little girlfriend of yours has kept you company. Especially if she is satisfying your needs like I once did. Lovely times weren't they? Any who we should meet tomorrow to discuss some of the requirements. What a great idea, hm? Maybe I should bring my boyfriend and you can bring yours? That would sure make for an amazing show, wouldn't it, Phineas? See you tomorrow. Oh, one more thing. I hope you know that the girl doesn't have pure blood. I just thought I would mention that. Just to make it more fun for me to see your downfall. Goodbye now! 

Signed, Ursula Flint Black

Black could've burned the whole of Hogwarts down because of his anger. Couldn't Ursula just leave him alone? Could anyone just leave you alone? If she wanted you there, then you were going to be there. He was going to show her that you and him were in love. He just had to. No one could stop him now...except for himself. You weren't pure of blood and that was a problem. His family would never except him now. They never could and never will. A dark idea arose in his mind. What if you could have pure blood. All it would take is a little magic. Just a smidge. 

"Scrope!" He roared like a lion. The House Elf appeared in the office. 

"Yes, Master?" He asked.  

"Fetch me Professor Sharp." He hissed, snatching a new piece of parchment and a quill. Scrope nodded before disappearing. "If she thinks she'll beat me then she has another thing coming. No one can stop Phineas Nigellus Black. Especially when he has a plan." Black let out a menacing laugh. Within minutes, Sharp was in the room with potion supplies. 

"What are we making today, Professor?" Sharp asked, placing his supplies on Black's desk. 

"I need a new potion. Have you eve tried to purify someone's blood?" Black asked, smirking at the blank parchment. 

"No?" Sharp looked confused at Black. "Why would we do that?" 

"Never the matter, Sharp. I just need you to make one!" Black slammed his hand on the desk to reiterate his point. Sharp stared coldly at the headmaster, but he nodded his head. He picked out some ingredients and took the parchment from Black so he could right down his process. Black couldn't help but put on a menacing smile. If he couldn't defeat Cornelius then he sure could at least beat Ursula. That's all he wanted to do. He could shove in everyone's faces and no one could question him not even you. You. You. The person he loved. The person he wanted, but for now could not have. That was going to change and he wouldn't stop until it was changed. 

"Professor?" Sharp asked, turning to look at Black who was pacing behind the potions teacher. 

"What is it?" Black sounded annoyed as he continued to pace. 

"Does this have to do with a certain student. Someone like Y/N, by chance?" Sharp gave a smirk in the corner of his mouth. 

"Maybe. I do not wish to share the details." Black hissed. 

"Do you think she wants this?" Sharp asked, mixing some ingredients together. 

"How could she not want to be perfect? I always wanted to be." Black stopped pacing to meet Sharp's eyes. 

"And where did that get you?" Sharp asked. Black frowned, feeling a slight bit betrayed. 

"It made me a headmaster." He snapped, turning away from him and heading out into the hallway that led up to his office. Sharp shook his head as he left. "Maybe one day, Y/N will be by my side as I lead this school. I am closer than ever to making that happen...brother." Black pretended that Sirius was right in front of him. Talking to him like they used to. Just listening and playing. Maybe it was better that his brother didn't have to see what he became. He sure didn't want to show him. "Things will get better. We're so close." So close he was indeed as Cornelius planned away. He was not ready to stop fighting. Black was still a problem and he needed to be taken care of. No more shall Black poison the world with pure blood and hate. This potion was going to be an issue. It had to be stopped. If Black was successful than the entire wizarding world would be plagued with the price of purity and that could never happen. Not on Cornelius' watch.