Return of the Raven

"Take this go to a place called 'The Room of Requirements' okay?" You say to a student huddled on the floor. You give them a little floo powder and point to the nearest floo station. The student takes the powder, nods, and runs in the direction you pointed. You run to the next student and then the next. Student after student, you're able to rescue more people than you anticipated. You hadn't seen Violet in awhile and Cornelius didn't show any signs of coming back anytime soon. 

"Y/N?" A voice asked. 

"Sebastian! There you are!" You cheer, giving him a huge hug. He chuckles, squeezing you. 

"Haven't see you since I tried to murder you." He laughs. 

"Very funny." You reply. A student runs by and you give him some floo powder and direct him. 

"The Room of Requirements?" Sebastian asks, watching the student run away. You nod, guiding him down a nearby corridor. 

"I used it a lot during my fifth year here at Hogwarts...sort of my first year. I use it sometimes, but right now it's sort of a hub for all the students until we can stop Cornelius." You yell, starting to run as you catch a glimpse of some Ravenclaws. You quickly wave your wand and use the disillusionment charm. Sebastian does the same as you both stop and listen to the Ravenclaw students. 

"Cornelius is near." One says. 

"No you fool, it's Violet." Another replies. 

"You're both idiots! They're both too busy to be in a random part of the school." A third finishes. You listen curiously, noticing that the Ravenclaw's are not on unit. They seemed to not be collectively controlled as one. They all still has their own thoughts and distaste for one another. Suddenly, you notice Amit walk up to the group. He looked very angry and wore a scowl. 

"Let's keep moving, you are insufferable." He growls. You had never heard him talk this way before. It was so strange to see him so angry when he had been so kind and carefree before. Now this curse had turned him cold and bitter. How did it come to this? You had to stop Cornelius, she just had to. Your friends were suffering and you had to fix it. Somehow you were going to fix it. The group disappeared and Sebastian and you were able to return to normal. You continued leading him down the next hallway. 

"I can't believe Amit would say something like that..." Sebastian muttered, looking behind himself. 

"Well this is what Cornelius has done to all the Ravenclaws." You reply, stopping to peak around a corner. Sebastian frowns, glancing back behind himself again. 

"Is there no way to free the Ravenclaws?" He asks as you both continue down the next hallway. 

"We didn't find anything, btu apparently Cornelius knows how to fix this." You say. He thinks for a moment. 

"Is there a record of this event?" He asks, causing you to stop. 

"What if there is! Then they must have documented the cure! But wait, I don't have my magic anymore...what if the cure is attached to my cracks? They're gone..." You frown, leaning against the wall. Sebastian leans next to you, even he doesn't seem certain about this suggestion. 

"We're going to have to try, especially since we're all divided." He says. 

"I sent Ominis to get more kids to the room of requirements, but I don't know where Phineas is and I haven't seen any of the professors around..." You begin to panic, chewing at your nail. Sebastian places a hand on your shoulder, he gives a reassuring smile. 

"We're going to fix this. I mean you defeated Rookwood and Ranrok! You can stop some butt hurt wizard." He smiles and you laugh. 

"You're right...let's go find that record." You say, rushing down the corridor and towards the stairs. "They're either in Black's office or the Faculty Tower." 

"Are we splitting up?" He asks, sounding uneasy. "I don't exactly want to do that..." 

"Me either, but we need to cover more ground, especially if Cornelius finds out what we're doing. Which area do you want to take?" You ask, stopping on the stairs. 

"Do you want to go see if Black's in his office...that coward..." Sebastian glares. 

"He's not there...I know he isn't. I'll take Faculty...good luck." She nods to him as she continues her trek up the stairs. He sighs and runs back down stairs to get to the nearest floo station. You walk down a few more hallways before coming upon the Faculty Tower. You unlock the door with your charms and push your way inside. It is completely empty, not a soul insight. Part of you wondered if this is where the professors went during the chaos, but you knew that the professors were too selfless to do such a thing. Now where would those files be? You walk up the stairs to the second floor as you look around for a minute. There was nothing obvious, no room that just screamed "There are secret files here!" or anything of that sort. 

You venture up the next set of stairs and unlock one of the doors at the top of the stairs. As the lock clicked, you peeked into the room, but no one was there. You slip into the room and look through some of the filing cabinets and drawers. It was almost completely dark in the room and you didn't have any magic anymore so you couldn't use your wand. You hoped with all your might that something or someone wasn't watching you. Now where could the records be? Then you notice something at the back of the room. You slowly walk towards it with careful steps. You didn't want any surprises. 

At the very back of the room was a sign. Just. A. Sign. You peer at it before reading what it read. 

"Records." 

"Huh?" You say aloud as you raise your eyebrow. Where were the records? At the bottom of the sign was an arrow that pointed to the left. You turn your head and notice an empty portrait on the wall. The portrait hung rather low to the ground which rubbed you the wrong way as you walked up to it. You reach out to touch and suddenly your hand slips through the portrait sending you off balance as you tumbled into the portrait. Inside the portrait was nothing but a light pink space. The floors and walls were nothing but pink.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice asks. You look up to see Fig smiling down at you. You feel a rush of tears as you stand up and hug Fig. 

"I missed you so much." You whisper, holding him close. Fig smiles, hugging you back. 

"What are you doing here?" He asks with fear in his eyes, "Please don't tell me you...died." 

"No! No!" You try to reassure him, but you just sound more panicked. "I just fell through a portrait...I'm looking for some records--"

"Cornelius' records." Fig says, his eyes dark. "I thought you may need them at some point. This is where we keep our records." He waves his wand and the a collection of filing cabinets and long lines of drawers. Fig walks past a couple cabinets before stopping at a vandalized looking cabinet. He bends down and opens the bottom cabinet. He looked through a few files and pulls out a folder. He hands the folder to you and you look over the normal folder. "The professors thought that if something happened to them, then the people in the portraits could come and take the files before some other horrible person took them."

"Smart." You whisper before opening Cornelius' folder. Inside was only one record. You expected there to be many records, but instead there was a document. It looked like it was the record of the Marionette Curse. You scan the paper, hoping to find an answer to how they could save the Ravenclaws. She scanned and scanned until she found her answer. 

"Did you find your answer?" Fig asks, waiting in anticipation. You nod as he urges you to share. You sigh, putting the record back in the folder. 

"I'm going to need to kill Phineas."