Flowers

"Mr. Gaunt." Professor Sharp said, walking to stand next to Ominis. Ominis didn't know why he was interrupting him during his meal but it couldn't be for a good reason. Imelda looked curiously at the professor. He glared at her in return. 

"Yes, professor?" Ominis asked as Sharp motioned for him to stand. Ominis followed Sharp out of the Great Hall and towards the house points room. "What is going on professor?" Ominis asked. The professor began to cough and sputter. Something was wrong and Ominis began to yell for help, but the professor covered his mouth. His hair turned to a dark brown and his eyes a shade of brown. 

"It's me, Ominis...Sebastian." The once professor gave his friend a hug as Ominis tried to comprehend what just happened. 

"Sebastian?" He said with shock. He couldn't believe it. Cornelius had freed his friend. "I missed you so much, old friend." He hugged Sebastian backed and wiped a tear from his eye. He had to tell Anne. She would be so pleased. 

"When were you going to tell me you made friends with a dark wizard?" Sebastian laughed, punching Ominis in the arm. He shrugged. 

"It happened rather recently." He replied, "What matters is that you're here and now everything can be good again!" 

"Yeah! With Anne and Y/N!" Sebastian smiled. Ominis felt his face drop into a frown. Did Cornelius not tell him what was happening? Would he even agree to the plan if he knew? Above all, he still cared about Y/N even after what she did to him! Was Ominis in the wrong? No, no he couldn't be! Not now! Not ever! 

"Yeah, with Anne and Y/N." Ominis repeated, not meeting his friends gaze. Sebastian could tell something was off. He peered at his friend who acted like an entirely different person. Had he been gone that long? 

"So, Cornelius sent me a letter detailing that we have to stop Black. I mean I never exactly liked Black, but...I guess it seems a bit cruel to take him out like this. He does have a family, you know?" Sebastian still had a smile on his face. A stupid smile. One that Ominis wish would stay longer as he knew that truth would find a way to break free of its cage. 

"Right...we have to do something first though...you know to mess with Black." 

"Like what?" 

"Kidnap someone he loves." 

"Who?" Sebastian thought for a moment, "His family? Friends? If he has any for that matter..." 

"I mean Y/N." Ominis regretfully said. 

"What?" He asked. The smile was gone and now a look of betrayal sat in his eyes. 

"She will be okay in our care, but...Black and her developed somewhat of a relationship..." Ominis explained, crossing his arms. "I fear that she may be the only one he likes for now. His family has become distant. Cornelius didn't even have to do anything to cause that." He gave a little snort. Sebastian frowned. 

"I don't want to scare her. She's a good friend, I'm not risking such a friendship--" 

"When did she become a good friend to you, Sebastian? When did the girl who put you in Azkaban become a good friend? Why is she now...I don't know an obsession to everyone!? She even had Black tied around her little finger." Ominis snapped, waving his arms everywhere like a mad man. Sebastian backed away from his friend. 

"Calm down, Ominis. I didn't mean it like that...she tried to help me save Anne and she saved the school and all..." Sebastian trailed off as he watched Ominis' fuse blow. 

"I'm tired of this Sebastian! I'm tired of everything! I just want to be with you and Anne! I'm tired of being involved with dark wizards and curse and ancient magic! Some how it even all comes back to the purity of my blood! To the purity of our blood." Ominis clenched his hands into fists and seriously debated punching one of the hour glasses. 

"Hey, hey, hey." Sebastian put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "We are going to be happy, but we don't have to do all of this to get that. Y/N doesn't need to suffer for us to be happy and Black doesn't need to suffer to make Cornelius happy. We just...we just have to make our own plan." 

"Our own plan?" 

"We'll followed Cornelius' plan for now, but once the time is right...it's our turn to be in charge." Sebastian gave a menacing smile. Ominis nodded, embracing his friends hug. "Now all we have to do is kidnap Y/N. I'll let you take the lead, but I need a disguise first. I used a Polyjuice potion to get in here, but I fear that it will not be enough. I haven't been here in a while and I didn't exactly pay attention to a lot of my teachers so...I can't really impersonate them like I used to." 

"I think I know a way you can get up there." Ominis smirked. 

You laid in your bed. You were reading a book on curses as you tried to learn more about the Marionette Curse. Hubert laid next to you and Skylight decided to snuggle in to the crook of your arm. The cracks on your body had subsided in pain. It was back to being normal as far as you were concerned. You didn't tell anyone that hurt to touch the cracks sometimes. You always shifted in your bed every couple of minutes to stop the pain. Even with the events that had transpired a few days before, it was a rather peaceful day...for once. Nothing crazy happened and everyone had made their rounds for the day. Natty and Poppy came in earlier to show off a new spell that they learned from one of the other seventh years. It was fun watching them fight over who got to demonstrate what. Later, Ominis had come in with a stack of new books to read which brough a smile to your face. He also brought a letter from Anne who expressed her feelings of being cursed. For once you got to understand Anne a bit...sort of. Even Sirius and Phineas paid you a visit. Most of it was apologizing for their parents actions, but it was welcome nonetheless. The only person you hadn't seen yet was Black. The sun was setting outside and you were wondering why he didn't show up at his usual time...which was before you were awake. Everyday he would wake you up and tell you that you needed to get a little movement in. He would walk you around the wing until he was satisfied with your progress. He was trying to push you and you knew it. He thought it would help the cracks but the nurse didn't. Sometimes she would shoo him away if she thought he went to far. When you had awakened two hours later than usual, you knew something was up. You had just turned the page in your book when a knock came on the door. In walked Black who was holding something behind his back. You watched him curiously approach your bed. He took one of his hands and wiped back his hair. He looked really tired. 

"Good, uh, evening, Y/N." He said, taking a deep breath. 

"Good evening?" You ask, setting your book to the side and sitting up more. Skylight shook herself awake and glared at Black for interrupting her sleep. 

"I brought you something." He blushed, revealing what was behind his back. It was a lush array of color. Reds, pinks, yellows, and blues scattered over soft petals and green stems. You smile at the sight of the perfectly bloomed flowers. 

"These are lovely." You say, taking them form him. Some of the petals brush you cracks and you bite your lip in pain. 

"Sorry that I got here late. I was going to give you them this morning but...I went to Hogsmeade and it's a really long story. Let's say the flower cart...wasn't in Hogsmeade." Black gave a nervous smile as he petted Skylight who screeched at him. 

"Well, good thing I have all the time in the world right now." You reply, counting the petals on the flowers. Black gave a soft smile as he watched you count. Even Skylight seemed entranced by you. 

"I hope your day was alright." Black said. 

"It's even better that it was now." You reply, "Now are you going to tell me that story or what?"