No More Pure Bloods

Black's eyes blinked open. It took him a minute to come to his senses as he lifted his head up. He sat tied to a chair with tired eyes. He felt a twinge of sharp pain burst through his head like a giant needle stabbing his brain. 

"Matilda?" He whispered as his eyes adjusted to his dark surroundings. He saw someone move in front of him, but he knew that wouldn't be her. It was someone he despised like he once did his students. 

"She isn't here, Black." The man said, walking towards him as a blur. Black forced his eyes to stay open as he tried to get a clear picture. 

"Cornelius--"

"I wanted to ask you something." He cut in, pushing Black's head up more to meet his. 

"What could you possibly tell me that I don't know at this point!" Black snapped as another twinge of pain surged through his head. Cornelius chuckled as his features became crystal clear. 

"It seems the spell really did a number on you." He smirked, but there is a sadness behind it. 

"You mean that..." Black trailed off, glancing at his hands. 

"You have no pure blood." Cornelius said, turning away from him. 

"Does what you have to ask me have to do with this?" 

"Not exactly..." Cornelius frowned, "I wanted to ask if you found out how to cure the Ravenclaws?" Black shook his head, making Cornelius sigh. He walked over to one of the windows and looked out at the vast lake. 

"I'm going to tell you because I know that our friend has most likely gotten her dirty little hands on it." He said, "To save everyone requires a sacrifice. I had to make the decision on who I chose, at least I thought I had that choice, but it turns out that was a lie. I had to kill someone important to me to free everyone. Guess who I chose? I chose Violet." Black's eyes widened. 

"But Violet--"

"That isn't the Violet you remember. She is the closest thing she could be to what Violet once was." Cornelius trailed off, seeming lost in thought. "You know who will have to choose one too." Black shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Who would you choose if you had too? Certainly not him right? Please not him...

"You don't think..." 

"Oh, I really do think." Cornelius' sad demeanor quickly changed into one of joy. "I think a lot. You are the best candidate for her to kill."

"You don't know that--"

"But it's rather obvious." 

"You are a fool."

"Not as much of a fool as you." Cornelius smirked. Now he seemed as evil as ever. He was completely back to normal. Like nothing had ever bothered him before. That asshole-- "It's not like you need to live anymore, Black. You are pure of blood, divorced, your children hate you, what is there to live for?" 

"Pure of blood? So I am no longer a pure blood, but yet you call me a pure of blood--" 

"You know what I mean, fool. You are as normal as anyone anymore, now answer the question. What is there to live for?"

"Y/N." He replied, glaring at him. "She is worth of everything." 

"Everything? Even your death?" Cornelius paced around Black, teasing his shoulders with his wand. 

"Yes, even my death..." Black frowned. Cornelius suddenly stopped before collapsing to his knees and laughing like a hyena. 

"You can't be serious!" He laughed, wiping a tear from his eye, "You really are a fool. No one loves someone enough for them to consider their death worth it for some stupid person! An unreliable, evil, cold hearted, person, who probably doesn't even give a flying fu--"