Secret Affairs

"Y/N, let's go!" Black snapped, grabbing your hand. He pulled you out of the room as Ursula screamed at him.

"That girl doesn't need to be involved in you antics! Let her go!" She screamed, but Black didn't seem to care.

"What is going on?" You ask, but Black didn't seem in the mood to talk. He rounded a corner, passing a wall full of portraits. They stared at you curiously. Finally, he pushed you into what looked to be a study.

"I should've known this would happen. Sit down and make yourself comfortable. We'll have to ride out the storm." He said, sitting behind the desk. There was a chair next to the fireplace which you thought might be comforting. You sat down as Black held his head in his hands.

"Did I do something wrong?" You ask, fiddling with your fingers.

"No. I did...like always." He whispered.

"Like always?" You repeat, looking up at him.

"Always a disappointment. Always and honor but yet a freak of nature. Always the one member of the Black family that everyone is ashamed of. Your school boosts my ego and makes me feel important and now...one of my own students has to know of my cowardness." He hung his head low.

"I hope you realize that no one thinks your honorable." You say as he looks at you with a large frown. "At least that's what others say...I can see at least a 10th of honor in you." Black smiled at you. You both stood up and stood by his desk. The fire light illuminated the soft room that was filled to the brim with books and papers. He took you by the hand and squeezed them. 

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear that." He whispered. His hands felt cracked and dry. They were rough, but very comforting in their own right. At least, that's what you would have thought before Ursula stormed in and Black pulled on your hands as if he was clinging on for dear life. His hands left yours quickly and ferociously. He put his hands behind his back as you held your hurt hands to your chest. 

"Y/N. You can leave now. You shouldn't have to deal with this lunacy. Come now, I'll take you to the door before my husband hurts you further." She said, looking at your hands. 

"He didn't hurt me ma'am..." You trail off as Ursula glares at you. Shutting your mouth, you follow her. Black waves goodbye and you muster up the courage to wave back. There was something different about him now. A softness you hadn't seen before. It was something he didn't sow often, but sparingly and surprisingly only towards you. Once you were down the hallway, Ursula lead you to the library where the floo powder was. 

"I'm sorry about this evening dear." Ursula said, rubbing her arms. You feel awkward being with Ursula on your own. Usually you had Black there to help defend you or in some cases for you to defend him. 

"It's alright. You are like many families just...maybe knocked up a few pegs for almost impaling me with a plate." You joke. Ursula lets out a chuckle which makes you relax even a tiny bit. 

"Our family has always been a struggle..." She whispered, staring of into space. "I fear it may not last long." 

"What do you mean?" You ask, a little confused by her words. 

"A loveless marriage doesn't lead to happiness." She replied, looking at the Black family portrait that hung above the fireplace you had arrived from. "So one finds other ways to fall in love. Even with people one may not expect." 

"You mean...you aren't saying..." You couldn't believe what you were hearing. You knew what she was meaning and it suddenly made your heart lurch even more for Black.

"I've been having an affair. I trust you won't share this with him. You care too much for him to shatter him." Ursula hissed, "I am finding my happiness and he is finding his with you." 

"With me? I'm just helping him not get killed by a dark wizard!" You spat at her. Your blood boiled. Black may be a prick, but no one deserved to be cheated on...worse, not knowing their partner was having an affair. 

"I do not mean in a romantic way like I am. He is enjoying the fact that for once in his life he gets to be the star of the adventure. He gets that chance to be the headmaster everyone wants but never got from someone as low as him." Ursula retorted. She had broken your heart into a million tiny little pieces. She hadn't even realized that the entire family had appeared in the doorway. They had come in after she mentioned her affair. So, her secret was safe for now. But...

"Ursula." Black hissed, walking up to her. "Don't you ever speak to Y/N that way again! She doesn't need to hear your complaints about me! She already hears them everyday from the other students wherever she goes! I don't need you poisoning her with more." He grabbed you by the arm. "We're heading back to Hogwarts. Sirius, Phineas? Would you like to join us." The two shook their heads. 

"No father, I think we'll fly home tonight." Sirius held his head low. Black took a moment and then nodded. 

"Ravenclaw common room!" Black snapped as they disappeared from the house. Phineas and Sirius exchanged worried glances as they watched their mother's face turn red in anger. Back at the common room, you were shocked to see how many kids were still up. Of course, Amit and Everett were waiting for your return and it seems the other kids knew something was up. Sure enough, the headmaster was standing right in front of them with his arm locked in yours. 

"Hey everyone." You wave. They all just stared at you. "The headmaster was having some back issues so I was helping him get to the hospital wing. I ugh...came from my parents house and saw him on the lawn. I just needed to make a stop here to make sure that...I didn't have any extra wiggenweld or something lying about. Here Professor...let's go to my room to see if I have anything." You push him towards your dormitory. Everyone's eyes follow you until you and Black are out of sight. You push him into your room and lock the door. 

"Nice save." He smirks. 

"Not good enough. Everyone's going to be talking about how we're dating tomorrow." You reply, walking up to your owl and checking your mail. Black blushed as pink as a peach. 

"I'll be sure to put those rumours into the ground." He said, looking around your room. He admired your Quidditch posters and the owl stuffed animals you loved more than you should for your age. 

"Good luck." You read a letter from Professor Sharp who wanted you to retrieve some ingredients for him at some point soon. You sat on your bed and flipped through a few more letters while Black looked through your book collection. 

"I see you like owls." He said, picking up a stuffed animal that she called, Hubert. He was a brown owl with golden eyes. You blush, embarrassingly. 

"That's uh...Hubert." You smile, "I guess I just like how beautiful and smart they are." Black petted the stuffed owl. 

"Sounds like someone I know." He smiled, setting the owl down. 

"Really? Who?" You ask. He didn't quite meet your gaze. 

"You." He whispered. You set your letters down to look at him. Black blushed harder as he looked around for something to change the subject. 

"Thank you." You reply as your owl rubbed against your shoulder. "Hey, Skylight." You pet the owl's head. 

"Skylight?" Black glossed over his earlier words. "That's a nice name." He walked over and petted Skylight who accepted the pets gratefully. You smile. 

"She likes you." You laugh as Skylight pecks at Black's hand. You both shared a laugh as the owl decided it wanted to leave. Black and you sat in silence for a moment. 

"I better be going." Black finally said. You nod, heading to the door. 

"Thank you for saving me a couple times tonight." You say. Black smiles as you open the door. 

"I'll see you in Hogsmeade tomorrow?" He asks, touching your hand as he passes into the hallway. You blush harder. 

"See you tomorrow." You say before yelling, "I'm glad I had that wiggenweld potion, Professor Black! It was buried under my bed and next time I'll have it in a place where it is easier to find! Go to the hospital wing now goodbye!" You shed a tear at your glorious performance. Black holds in a laugh as he heads to the floo powder station. You shut the door to your bedroom and feel our heart pound. What in the world just happened to you. You try and hide your blushing face as you change into your night clothes. There was nothing to what just happened...nothing at all.