The Shadow

Cornelius stood in front of you and Black. His face twisted into a menacing smile. 

"Wands at the ready everyone? Right, you don't have any, do you?" He laughed, aiming his wand at them. What were they going to do? 

"What do you want with us?" You ask, your hands in the air. Cornelius gets close to you, uncomfortably close. 

"I have searched for the longest time to find someone that holds the power of ancient magic. The keepers always told me that there were more like me and it seems I found one." He touched your face. Black glared at Cornelius, walking quickly towards them. He touched Cornelius shoulder. Blacks hand was batted away as he turned back to you. "You are extraordinary. Your power is of none I have ever seen. You and I are the same. Now we can finally prove to the world our worth." 

"Our worth?" You repeat, stepping away from him. Black looked furious. 

"Yes..." Cornelius trailed off as he looked at Black. "Some people believe that we are un-pure and damning." His wand began to spark. 

"I cannot deny my family--" 

"Crucio!" He snapped as Black shriveled on the floor. "They shall pay for their stupid beliefs!" 

"No!" You yell as you barrel into him. The wands fell from his hand as you reached for your own. You felt the splinters of wood hit your fingers and a surge of magic flow in you. On the floor, you quickly turn around to face Cornelius. "Confringo!" He blasts backwards as you reach for Black's wand. "Arresto Momentum!" Cornelius froze for a second. You had to get Black out of there but you couldn't apparate in the  castle...not to mention you didn't know how.  You tried to lift the big oaf but he was heavier than you imagined. "Wingardium Levi--" 

"Expelliarmus!" Cornelius snapped as you and Black's wands were struck out of your hands. You grabbed your wand back just in time. 

"Bombardo!" 

"Protego!"

"Depulso!" You scream, knocking him backwards. He hits the wall and his wand fell out of his hand. "Accio!" The wand races into your hand. You take a deep breath. Black sat up from the floor. 

"Y/N!" He crawled over to you looking like a wild boar. "Kill him! Kill him now!" 

"What?" You question as Black picks up his own wand. He stood up, walking over to the knocked out Cornelius. 

"You shall die for your dishonor..." Black lifted his wand. 

"Professor no!" You scream lunging forward. No one deserved such a punishment. They could send him to Azkaban they didn't need to do this. Suddenly, Cornelius' eyes opened. Before Black could even say the killing curse, Cornelius had lunged for his legs as they toppled over. They hit the wooden floor. You had fallen to the floor and Cornelius kicked you in the face. You felt blood run form your nose. Cornelius reached for Black's wand as he tried to pry it from his hands. You lift your own wand, but Cornelius had already grabbed hold of it. At the same time you both yell, 

"Expelliarmus!" The wands flew from your hands and after that it was an all out war on the floor. Cornelius began to choke Black out. You stood up and jumped on top of him, pulling him to the floor. Black raised from the floor and crawled towards a wand. Cornelius grabbed his leg and pulled him backwards. You began to beat him with your fists, but he simply was stronger than you as he flipped you forward on top of Black. You both groaned and Black pushed you off him. Blood stained the front of your clothing and sleeves. Cornelius grabbed his wand and pointed it at them. 

"Glacious!" He shouts as you and Black are frozen over. He stood up and walked over to you. "I look forward to our next visit." He smirked, leaving the room. You push yourself off the floor and run out of the restricted section. Looking around frantically, nothing was to be found. The librarian was looking at you like you were crazy. Black came fumbling out behind you. 

"Y/N..." He gasped, placing a hand on your shoulder. You sighed as you looked at the floor. He got away and you should have stopped him. Why didn't you use your ancient magic? He could have been out in seconds...what if you had just killed him like Black said. "You're hurt. Let's get you to the Hospital Wing." You're on the verge of tears as Black guides you out of the library. It wouldn't be too long until word would get out about what happened. You wished to fall into a deep sleep and not wake up until Cornelius was gone. He had bested you and Black (Not Surprising) which brought a set of challenges and fears you rather would not have in your last year at Hogwarts. They do say that you should end you year with a bang, but that probably wasn't what they meant. 

"What happened?" Nurse Blainey asked as you walked into the Hospital Wing. Her hands were on her hips and she shook her head in disappointment. "Don't tell me that you were both rough housing or being imbeciles." She rolled her eyes, guiding you to a bed. 

"It's just a bloody nose ma'am I will be fine." You reassure, but she shakes her head. 

"That's what they all say. Then they come running back saying their nose is on the verge of falling off!" She gives you a handkerchief. "It looks as if you have a few bruises too." She ordered you to dress down to your undergarments. She then brought out a tray of Bruisewort Balm. "You can stay here tonight if you would like. I asked Professor Black to fetch your night clothes." 

"You asked Professor Black of all people?" You ask, confused. 

"He was surprisingly eager." Blainey replies, giving you a cup of the Balm. You swallowed it...not a great taste. She takes it from you as she left the room to go to her office. Sure enough, a knock came on the door and in came Black. He looked embarrassed as he saw you. Of course, you hadn't realized you were in your undergarments in front of the Headmaster. You quickly got under the covers as he walked over to you. He put the night clothes on the beside table. 

"Hi." You say quietly. He gives you a nervous smile in return. 

"Professor Black! Thank you so much for bringing these to Miss L/N." Nurse Blainey returned from her office. 

"Of course." He responds, giving you a smirk. You blush. 

"Let's get to bed now, Miss L/N." Blainey motioned for Black to leave. He looked at you one more time before exiting the room. What were you going to do? Cornelius was still out there and he wanted to talk to you again. Black was being hunted and now you and him were forced to be together...it just was starting to feel normal. Which is something you had never expected in your entire life, but yet here you were. You decided to sleep on it all. Changing into your night clothes, you laid your head on the pillow and waited for sleep to come to you.