Amaya, Lets have a cliffhanger right here...

So we stopped in a random village on our way to Ba Sing Sei, and we were a little short on cash. I told - well threatened more like - Zuko to not steal money, and now we come to my current situation. I'm starving. Mangy was giving me those eyes, and Zuko was looking at me with that smug face, just waiting for me to crack.

Iroh, you rude old man, I hate you right now.

"I have to sing?" I repeated for the umpteenth time. "Sing what?"

"Anything!" Iroh said cheerfully. "We're more likely to get money from these people if a beautiful young lady were to sing to them than a fat old man."

"You're not fat," I said, poking him with a comical expression. "You're just fluffy!"

He barked with laughter while Zuko shook his head.

"Well, I won't sing or dance. It sounds stupid."

"Hmm, yes, it does, doesn't it?" I added, taking up a thinking pose. "Oh, I know!"

I grinned, cupping Mangy's beak in my hands. "You could do a trick! Yes, you could, yes, you could!" I cooed.

"Amaya, admit it. You were wrong," Zuko whispered. "I'll find-"

"I'll sing!" I said, shoving Zuko aside.

"Excellent!" Iroh smiled.

Zuko gave me a funny look.

"Shush your face," I said to Zuko, doing a dramatic nose in the air thing.

Of course, it's one thing to tell people you'll do something and an entirely different thing to actually do it. I think I might do a cry. I don't know, I'm scared. Hold me.

So I convinced Iroh to help me set up a little thingy with a cup and a wooden board. Well, it was one of his teacup thingies, and luckily it was shaped just right. I started doing what appeared to be randomly moving it around, clicking it and clapping my hands. People actually stopped to watch cause I'm sure I looked like a crazy person. Ok, deep breaths, I can do this.

"I've got my ticket for the long way 'round

Two bottle whiskey for the way

And I sure would like some sweet company

And I'm leaving tomorrow, what d'you say?"

A few kids stopped their game to watch, and Iroh joined in, doing the cup thing with his own one. Zuko was sitting with Mangy, pretending to be asleep.

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone,

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone!

You're gonna miss me by my hair,

You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh,

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

When I'm gone, when I'm gone,

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone,

You're gonna miss me by my walk,

You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh,

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone."

The kids were now playing. I've started something. It's like waking up and discovering you live in a musical. There was a pack of them, dancing and clapping their hands in time to Iroh and me. Time to move on to the next verse.