Amaya lives in a musical

"Dancing bears, painted wings," I sang softly, drawing pictures in the dirt. 

"Things I almost remember.

And a song, someone sings,

once upon a December."

Iroh paused mid-sip and seemed to be listening in. That surprised me, and I decided to hum the rest.

"Don't stop on my account," Iroh said cheerfully. "The only thing better than singing is more singing, and the song you have chosen today is beautiful."

I blushed right down to my toes. 

"Um, thanks, I just...I get a little antsy now and then. I've done more singing lately than ever before, and it feels weird."

"You have a lovely voice, Amaya," Iroh smiled. "Don't be afraid to share it with others, that they might gain some joy out of hearing a lovely song."

I chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind," I answered.

"So, start again," Iroh said with a wide grin. "I'm afraid I didn't hear the start."

I laughed, then tried to will myself to sing again. Please don't let Zuko suddenly appear, or I might lose my nerve completely. This sort of thing needs to be spontaneous. I can't do it on the spot. Like the Cups song. Literal musical material right there.

I started again, not looking at Iroh in case I messed up. 

"Dancing bears, painted wings,

Things I almost remember,

And a song, someone sings

Once Upon a December.

Someone holds me

Safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm,

Figures dancing gracefully,

Across my memory."

Cue Zuko. Rude, now I'm all nervous, and I'm sure I'm gonna mess up. Shut up, sit down. I'm in the middle of a song. I hummed the long vocalising part while Iroh sipped his tea quietly, looking mighty pleased with himself, while Zuko glanced between us with a suspicious look on his face. He opened his mouth to say something when I cut him off with a repeat of the chorus he walked in on, near the dancing gracefully part.

"Someone holds me safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm,

Figures dancing gracefully,

Across my memory~Far away, long ago

Glowing dim as an ember,

Things my heart used to know,

Things it yearns to remember

And a song, someone sings...

Once upon a December...."

I threw Iroh a slightly put-out look. "Happy?"

"Very," he answered.

"I have no idea what you two are doing," Zuko commented, shaking his head at us.