Chapter I

Violet Potter survived Voldemort.

She and her brother had been in danger of a man who changed his name and brainwashed the pureblood population of the Wizarding World. All along he had been a half-blood with the name Tom Marvolo Riddle. Long had he been ashamed of his muggle father, and that shame brought him to his death at the hands of her brother, Harry, another half-blood with a muggleborn mother.

It made his death feel even sweeter when her and her brother looked exactly like their parents. The only thing similar between the two twins were their mother's blue eyes. Violet looked a lot like her mother. She had the red hair, the rounder face shape, the blue eyes, and the wit to match. The only thing she had gotten from her father physically was his height. Where James Potter stood at 6', Violet Potter stood at 5'9.

Now, Riddle wasn't wiped from existence without a good amount of help, of course. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley were there for the whole time.

Not to mention the elves of the Woodland Realm. Gandalf, also known as Mithrandir, owed a favor to Dumbledore before the Headmaster passed. Since he never got to fulfil that favor, he called upon the honor of the Crown Prince, Legolas, to ask his father for help. It was hard to convince King Thranduil to send Legolas and a small company of elves not just to leave the realm, but to travel across dimensions, all the way to Earth. In the end, Gandalf reminded the King that he owed a favor to the wizard. It was all seemingly luck that the elves and wizard ended up on Earth, but perhaps it wasn't. Without Legolas, Violet Potter would have never been able fulfil her own destiny. Harry Potter was meant to destroy Voldemort. Violet Potter was meant to lead armies.

Maybe that was why Gandalf came to ask her for her help.

She had just come back from an auror mission, flooing into her dark flat in a Wizarding community in downtown London. How the muggles never noticed was beyond her, but, hey, muggles never notice anything.

"Violet Potter, it has been awhile," spoke a man from her dining room table, smoke from a pipe floating up to the ceiling. She gripped her wand tighter and pointed it at the intruder's face, ready to cast any spell necessary to defend herself. She kept her blue eyes on the figure, never once daring to stray away. Only it was no intruder at all, she realized, as Gandalf had turned the lights on using the switch behind him.

"Mithrandir!" she said, rushing over to hug the man. He laughed in joy as she hugged him like a little kid, and wrapped his own arms around her, patting her red hair down at the back. Ever since she met the Gandalf the Gray, she had always preferred him to Dumbledore. It was nothing against the Headmaster; he had always just been closer to her brother than her. But, when Gandalf came in her seventh year, it was one of the few examples of parental love she had in her life.

"I see you are still the same Violet Potter you were ten years ago. Well, perhaps you are now a little happier and a little less paranoid, but nonetheless."

"I strive only to make positive changes to myself, Mithrandir. Getting rid of that freaky thing that called himself a lord was the most positive change I could have ever made," she said, an upside down smile on her face and eyebrows raised, "Can I get you anything? A cup of tea? A treacle tart? Pumpkin juice?"

"Just a cup of tea, my dear," he said, setting his pipe down. She moved to put the kettle on, getting down two cups, and getting the milk and sugar out, "So, tell me. What is your life now?"

"Well, I'm an auror with my brother and his best friend. A mission is actually where I was coming back from. It was just some kids making mischief in a muggle park, but we take everything seriously after Tom Riddle."

"I can imagine so," Gandalf said. He pursed his lips for a moment before starting off slowly, "We're having our own troubles in Middle-Earth. There seems to be a darkness rising. I can feel it. Legolas feels it. King Thranduil, Legolas's father, feels it."