Chapter XIII

Trigger Warning: Grief ahead. It won't just start you'll have clues for it. It's nothing too bad, but I wanted to add this in for good measure, just in case. It's near the end.

If you do read it, and feel froggy, play that song while you do :) it's what I hear in my head when I read it.

I promise these pining and sad chapters will be coming to an end soon LOL not totally absent, but we'll get back to the happier nature soon.

-

"Violet Euphemia Potter!" Gandalf said, laughing as he rushed towards the girl. He bent down, holding out his hand to help her up. As soon as her feet were planted firmly on the ground, he yanked her into a hug, paying no mind to the 'oomph' she let out. She smiled at being near the wizard again, any and all cares floating away with it. "I am glad to see you happy, healthy, and glowing, my dear girl."

"Did you ever doubt Th-- King Thranduil?" she asked.

He gave her a smile, one that suggested he knew something she didn't. "Not even for a moment."

She looked at him, raising an eyebrow, before turning back to The Company, who, strangely, were waiting patiently. "Bombur!" She rushed forward, giving the plump red-head a hug, planting a kiss on the top of his head. "How are you?"

"Other than some bumps and scrapes, I'm fine, lass."

"So," Thorin began, "This is where you've been? Shacking up with the enemy?"

"Hello to you too, mate," Violet said, raising an eyebrow, allowing a slight smirk to play at her lips, "You are the only one here who thinks of them as an enemy besides Tweedledee and Tweedledum" -- she nodded her head at Fili and Kili -- "and Dwalin."

Thorin shook his head fondly at the witch and gave her a hug. "Hello, Violet. And that's not true, Balin does too."

Balin avoided eye contact with his king, taking great interest in the trees that looked dead, but weren't. Though, Violet realized, he could also not realize this conversation wasn't taking place at all. Most of The Company seemed out of it, now that the initial shock of her being there had waned off. They didn't seem to be wandering off, more so looking around the forest like they had no idea where they were.

"Okay, we need to get a move on. The Elven-king awaits you," she said. And me. She looked at Thorin. "Do you remember when I said it was my job to hold back the armies of Sauron?" He nodded. "Then I need you to trust me."

Thorin looked as if she had shoved lemon juice down his throat. "I think I would rather d-"

"Thorin!" Gandalf reprimanded sharply. The dwarf king looked back at the wizard, exasperated already.

"Okay then, you're welcome to find your way out this forest and around it. It's back that way," Violet said, pointing in the direction opposite the dwarves. She gave them one last smile and turned to walk away. She got maybe ten feet before Thorin's voice called out to her.

"Wait!" She turned back to see him irritated, but compliant. "Lead the way."

She gave a smirk. "Pleasure doing business with you, mate. So, lads, who's going first?"

"What do you mean, lass?" Dwalin asked, gauging the witch from afar.

"Who's going to apparate first? No offense, Dwalin, but it won't be you. I don't trust leaving you and King Thranduil alone. You either, Thorin." The dwarves all began chattering at once, throwing questions at her. "Alright! Forgot you lot didn't know what apparating was. Essentially, teleporting.  Your organs may feel as if they're being twisted and pulled all at the same time. Then, one second you're here and the next you're about two-hundred miles that way." -- she pointed towards the direction of Thranduil's Halls -- "You may feel a bit queasy. Completely normal. So, who wants to go first?" Everyone stepped back, leaving Ori at the front. "Brilliant! Come along then, Ori."