Chapter IX

If anyone was wondering, Authanar is Matthew Macfadyen in my mind, just all elfyfied. He and Lee Pace look quite a lot alike to me.

-

Legolas walked up the gates of the Elven-king's Halls, his home, dragging an unconscious being behind him. Looking to the guards, he commanded in Sindarin, "Tell my father I have brought a gift for him."

"Yes, my prince." The guard nodded behind him, gesturing to another guard, who immediately left to seek Thranduil out. Legolas walked into his home, dragging the foul creature behind him to the throne room. He knew his father would already be there by the time he arrived. Thranduil always was.

"Send a guard with some rope as well."

"Yes, my prince."

It was a shock to see his Uncle Authanar there, as well as Violet Potter. All three of them were dressed impeccably that day compared to the armor Legolas wore. Authanar looked every bit a Sindar elf in robes of forest green with gold stitching throughout, resembling branches. Dark brown leggings were on his legs with forest green boots covering his calves. Rings covered his fingers and a golden circlet sat on his brow. His father, by contrast, was in all black. A black tunic with long sleeves covered his upper body, stopping mid-thigh, with dark red stitching that made it seem as if he was covered in streams of blood every time he moved. Black leggings and shiny, black leather boots covered his legs and feet. His hands were covered in golden rings. On his head sat a golden crown of branches that covered his forehead, with twigs and red berries to secure it at the back of his head.

Violet was dressed in a cornflower blue dress, one of those that Legolas had quickly tailored for her. It was a relaxed fit, with cream colored stitching adorning the v-shaped neckline. The dress was sleeveless, but had a cape that attached to the dress, so her arms were covered regardless. The same cream stitching went around the trim of the cape and the bottom of the dress. Her hair was done in a rather messy half-up crown braid, evidence that she had done it herself. Violet had never been taught how to do her own hair, so she generally stuck to simple hairstyles, though Legolas had always seen her eyes light up when he would do his own hair before they went on their journey each morning. Attached to her hips was her specially made scabbard for her wand and sword, both weapons in them.

They were all standing on the platform below the Woodland Throne, watching as Legolas dragged the orc none too kindly across the stone of the pathways. The grimy head hit each stair as the prince walked up them, before dropping the creature at his side with a thud.

"Uncle," he said, nodding his head in respect. He turned to Violet, a large grin on his face. "Mae govannen, mellon nîn. You look very beautiful today."

"It's good to see you too, mellon nîn. Ci athae." Violet said, her own large grin in place and warmth coating her cheeks. Legolas's mouth fell open and his eyebrows shot up as he looked between the three.

"Where- How- When- You," he said, eyes narrowing on his father upon seeing the look on his face. It was one of someone immensely proud of themselves and what they've done.

"Me." King Thranduil's grin never diminished, never faded. It stayed firmly planted, teasing his son in the way only he could.

"Adar," He whined, before turning to his uncle, "Authanar!" The orc made a noise at his side, focusing his mind back to the task at hand. "Oh, orc."  He hauled the creature up once more, supporting his weight on one arm as he presented it in front of him to his father. "Father, our patrol was ambushed. The orcs and the spiders grow bolder every day."

"What were the numbers?" The Elven-king asked, masking his emotions with a serious face.

"Just a small group. No more than twenty. They are newly born, though. They were sloppy when they fought."