Chapter 9

Anastasia's POV

Without fully turning my body, I slowly look back into Damion's face, as I ask, "Will you protect me... forever?" Damion nods, making a dark noise of confirmation. I turn back to the ice and look down, my dress has ripped in the reflection and not in real life, and it makes me mad. Of all things...

But it's just what I feel.

I reach up and place my hands on his, as he has placed them on my shoulders. I grip Damion's scarred and rough hands and make him grip the material. I look back once more, leaning up to kiss him.

It's the first time I initiate with a Crow.

It seems to be the thing Damion was waiting for.

Was I ready.

Yes.

"It's too cold," Damion growls into my wanting mouth, his eyes alight with fire. He refuses to take my shift off, so I grab it myself, pulling it over my head. I throw it aside and Damion's eyes fall over me, as I sit up from kneeling, reaching for him. I press a hand over his abs, my fingers touching his mouth. As he stands, he grabs my wrists and pulls me up and into his torso, clutching me to him so my front is warm against his skin.

He... he is warm all over – with strong magic running through his veins, I feel it while pressed against him.

Damion is suddenly more than a knight to me. However, my knight shakes his head in disapproval, "You may be ours – but you are extremely disobedient, Anastasia. To the core... do you even want this?" A dangerous and provocative question when I've already kissed him and demanded he take this shift off me – only to deny me.

I see Damion means to trick me, while also curious with his honesty.

"I don't care if I'm cold," I almost cry with my need for him to understand, "I like the cold."

Damion smirks and swings me around, still holding onto me, his hands run over my bare skin across my back. Now I smile.

The Crows come forward, but not too forward.

They watch me, my naked body being clutched and my submission to it.

I look back at them.

"I want it," I answer to Rurx, my eyes sliding to Krystoph and Axe's lowered hood as he paces, seeming impatient.

"To the library, Damion," Axe murmurs his cruel lullaby, a cruel smile tugging at his mouth.

"Yes," I answer right away, and Damion reluctantly lets me go, spinning me instead and smacking a hand over my ass. It tingles!

"Go," he commands me to move and I move.

I attempt to run ahead of them, I'm stopped only briefly by Krystoph as he holds out a hand and lightly grabs my wrist, sweeping me around to him, I skid to a stop and he puts a finger under my chin, lifting my eyes, "Bold, Ana," he smiles, "You would be naked all the time for us."

"Oh, shh... my purity is still intact," I whisper at Krys, and he loses his polished smile as he realises I am correct.

They don't really own me like that.

Not yet.

I hear a beautiful chuckle from Rurx as I turn and run away into the ice corridor, to the Ice itself, and I keep moving for the library.

When I look over my shoulder I see them coming, Axe at the forefront, eager to catch me.

I don't know why they want the library to be where we can play all together.