Chapter 10

Anastasia's POV

Stand still and close your eyes. A very simple command.

That's what Axe murmured to me when we returned to my – our – bedchamber.

I wanted to try and be good.

So, I stood straight and still while already naked, in the middle of my room. My eyes were tightly shut, while I heard them all undressing, throwing off their trousers – and I? Ah, well I was officially too scared to look at them completely, utterly, totally naked.

Half-naked Crows were already a handful.

Fully...?

Help.

I can feel how it gets colder and colder because the fire died and we were too unfocused to stoke the flames with more logs.

But who cares right now.

Fuck the fire.

We were the fire.

It's a romantic thought, but the reality of submission is a lot harder than the real deal.

It's already a battle for me, since I feel I am both strong and timid at exactly the same time. Maybe it was a curse on all women to feel so much that you become indecisive. But I also had crazy thoughts too, to feel like their natural energy of intimidation is something I can change to my own benefit. To play with.

Taking their masculine energy and making it flow around me like it's my own magic.

I always wondered why men never understood women and women never understood men, a riddle as old as time. You'd think we'd work it out. But...? Well. When it comes to sexual feelings, when we come together, that's when the fire burns. And you need friction to cause a flame.

I imagine my Crows touching me before they even do, forgetting they're even here for a moment, until one Crow makes the first move.

"Here," I hear Rurx murmur some encouragement by my head, and I feel his hand grab my hand, his fingers splayed undermine, as he lifts my whole arm up. His finger slides across my Ring of Cren and that is when I open my eyes.

I can see the others naked around me and standing back but I focus on the Ring.

Rurx is naked too, as he keeps his distance standing behind me, other than his hand, touching mine.

"What about it," I ask, as he holds my finger steady.

"If you turn the moon around, it'll lock... and we'll be forced back in the vault," Rurx says this very, very quietly. His tone is not just serious... but also trusting? I gulp and nod, "If you want us locked away, that's all you have to do to activate the curse on us."

"Why would you tell me this," I whisper, staring at the ring with sudden terror at it's power over my Crows. I didn't know I could put them back inside.

Rurx steps into me, his hand slides from mine up my arm to my elbow. He just holds my elbow lightly, as his whole naked front steps into my back, and I feel him right behind me.

He slides his second hand lightly down my other arm.

"In case you get scared," Rurx kisses the back of my head, over my hair, and I immediately close my eyes as my lips pull up in the corner with a small smile.

I don't have words to respond to that.

Rurx now tests my reaction to his naked skin on mine.

I'll admit... I was fucking frozen.