|chapter two: jealousy|

Fast forward those couple days that nothing interesting for the continuation of the story happened, me and Matt were in class at our table at the very far back by the window, Matt's back facing the class as he was talking to me while I was drinkin...

Fast forward those couple days that nothing interesting for the continuation of the story happened, me and Matt were in class at our table at the very far back by the window, Matt's back facing the class as he was talking to me while I was drinking my iced coffee. The debate was quite like the other days, boys Matt could possibly go out with, more importantly Shawn, I briefly mentioned him before, he's Matt's coworker. Yep, the guy who invited him out several times and then didn't show up.

"So then we were supposed to switch spots, or I was supposed to be at the checkout where he had been 'till then and at the checkout position, you get an apron with straws and stuff," Matt was just explaining.

"Oh, I too want an apron with straws," I replied with a smile.

"Yeah, well I was meant to get the apron from Shawn and I was just like 'give me it' but he insisted on putting it on me, like I can't do such a simple thing, right. And he was just kinda touching me, it was weird," Matt continued, just hearing it made me want to throw up, but I just placed down my cup of coffee.

"I, personally, wouldn't let that slide, that's gross," I grimaced, Matt just shrugged as if that was normal, maybe for non-ace people it is, I wouldn't know.

"Well, he again asked me out and when I asked why he didn't show up before, he clearly lied saying he forgot," Matt continued, rolling his eyes. And I mean, same.

"What a jerk," I let out quietly, Matt nodded in agreement and continued with explaining.

"So I obviously didn't want to go, as I was pretty sure he was gonna leave me hanging again, so I said 'no', but he insisted until I eventually agreed just to make him shut up. No idea if he showed up or not in the end because I didn't," Matt ended his speech with a shrug and a smile.

"Correct, my dear boy, I raised you well," I joked with a little laugh, he laughed too, just slightly. I noticed Dylan staring our way, might he perhaps found out about the running joke of my crush on him? When he noticed I know he's looking, he looked back over to his friends like he hadn't been watching me and Matt all along. I focused my attention back to my bestfriend, as he began talking about the rest of his weekend.

Eventually it was time for lunch break and our little friend group walked together like gangsters, at least that's how it seems to me in the reflection of the glass cafeteria door. We took our trays with food and went to sit down, Piper mentioning Dylan standing outside. He was obviously waiting for his friends as for some reason he never got the school lunch. We joked about the whole 'my crush' thing again, Matt eventually joining in by saying Dylan is also his crush. We joked for a while longer, before my anxiety and overthinking took the worst of me again, as I knew that Matt could be actually crushing on Dylan, unlike me.

"Wait, now seriously, do you have a crush on him?" I asked, turning to Matt who was seated on my left, while Piper and Evelyn sat across from us.

"Well, I mean he's hot, but an idiot. He wouldn't be my ideal choice of dating, but in our age we all want assholes, so," Matt shrugged.

"I don't," I replied simply, making him look at me again.

"You're the exception," Matt said in a joking manner.

"I want a guy that doesn't know I exist," Piper replied with a shrug, referring to some K-pop idol. She was happy single and crushing on people she knows she can't have, or at least that's what she kept on saying, and honestly I really believe that. Our talk went on another while longer, until we needed to get back to school for afternoon classes.

"Hey, yo yo yo, what's up?" I heard as we walked through the class door, we could see Dylan smiling our way. I couldn't help, but roll my eyes.

"What do you need?" I asked impatiently as he walked over to us. I could see one of the girls he was just talking with give me a glare, but to be honest she never really liked me, and the feeling was mutual, at least since she started bullying me.

"I was wondering if you'd want to go somewhere after school," Dylan said, looking directly at me. So he did hear the rumor, the better option, he'll turn me down and apologize by buying me food or something, it's a win-win for me. The worse option, he likes me and this is an invitation to a date. "I'll buy you coffee and snacks," he added, yep had me at coffee.

"Alright, iced latte with caramel, or iced cappuccino with vanilla and I'm all yours, but not literally," I agreed, not giving him a smile or anything to not give him the wrong idea.

"Cool, so after school, then," Dylan shot me a smile, walking, well more like running, back to his friend group.

"Oh, so you're ditching us for the asshole you claim to hate?" Matt asked with faked annoyance. I rolled my eyes.

"I said I'm scared of him, you're the one who hates him," I replied, going to sit down at my place.

"Your crush asked you on a date," Piper joked, following me to my seat, to sit in front of me in hers.

"You're right, oh em gee," I faked excitement, but started laughing right away as I can't remain serious for too long, Piper laughed too as Matt and Evelyn also took their seats on the right sides of me and Piper.

The beel rang and we all turned to the board, through the class I could see by the corner of my eye Dylan looking at me from time to time, or at least I thought his attention was on me as I was the one he 'asked out'. Well, this is gonna be interesting.

~there you go, a little longer chapter bcs I promised my friend a new chapter today, so here ya go sweetie<3
also I will be editing the previous chapter to make it more *~♡☆aesthetic☆♡~* and maybe I'll be adding new characters to the character sheet (because I usually first write the entire thing before posting and then I edit things in the process to my liking, but this is literally just posting the first draft and it's making me nervous), that's all bye,
- Sanny<3, aka the author