Chapter 9

Y/n's pov
After the concert we started to pack that's when my phone went off. I looked at my phone to see a reminder about the red moon that's coming up.

I quickly ran out of sight so no one would know. That's when the moon turned red and I couldn't help myself my eyes went red and I became pale as a ghost.

I heard people calling my name so I quickly float up to where I was on the roof. That's when I heard footsteps and turned around to see Cole.

"Cole, what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to conceal the panic in my voice.

"I saw you leave in a hurry and I got worried. Are you okay?" he asked, looking at me with concern.

I tried to keep my eyes downcast, not wanting to reveal their red color. "Yeah, I'm fine," I lied.

Cole didn't look convinced but he didn't push the issue. "Okay, well, do you want me to walk you home? It's pretty late."

I nodded, grateful for the offer. Together we walked to the palace, and I could feel my eyes returning to their normal color and my skin returning to its normal shade.

As Cole said goodnight and walked away to go to his room, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. I had managed to keep my secret safe for one more night. But I knew that I couldn't keep this up forever.