Chapter 43

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a dark room. The only source of light was a flickering candle on a table nearby. Confused and disoriented, I got up from the floor, trying to recall what had happened before I blacked out.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and a tall figure stepped inside. My heart rate increased as I recognized the intruder my sister Harumi.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still trying to shake off the dizziness.

Harumi smiled. "I came to talk to you, brother. We have some unfinished business to attend to," she said, her voice low and smooth.

I raised an eyebrow, suspicious of her intentions. "What kind of business?"

Harumi walked closer and sat down on a chair next to me. "I know you're still looking for the Firstbourne egg. And I have it."

My heart skipped a beat as I heard those words. I had been searching for the egg for years, hoping to use its power to defeat our enemies and restore peace to Ninjago. But I had no idea how Harumi had managed to get her hands on it.

"How did you get the egg?" I asked, trying to control my excitement.

Harumi chuckled. "Let's just say I have some powerful friends. But enough about that. I'm willing to make a deal with you, brother. Give me the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, and the egg is yours."

I hesitated, knowing that the Scroll was one of our most valuable possessions. It contained ancient teachings and techniques that were too dangerous to be used by anyone who didn't have the proper training.

"I can't do that," I said firmly. "The Scroll is too important for us to just give it away."

Harumi's smile faded, and she stood up, her eyes sharp. "Don't be foolish, brother. Think about what the egg can do for us. We could become the most powerful force in Ninjago, ruling over all the other clans."

I shook my head, refusing to be swayed by her temptations. "I won't let greed cloud my judgment," I said. "The egg might be powerful, but it's also dangerous. It has caused so much pain and destruction in the past, and we can't risk unleashing its power again."

Harumi sighed, disappointed. "You're always so righteous, brother. But mark my words, we'll meet again. And when we do, I hope you'll see things differently."

With that, she left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. As much as I wanted the egg, I knew that sacrificing our principles and values wasn't the way to obtain it. The right path might be harder, but it was always worth it in the end.