The Thing About Laptops

See, before you start ranting about me not updating this book, let me remind you this is my version of rant book. I mean, yeah, I have named it Sarcasm Served but let's face it, I hardly be sarcastic on it. But that's not the topic under discussion. The topic I am going to rant about is the very reason I couldn't update this lovely little rantbook of mine. And it is, broken laptop!

Seriously, laptop has become a royalty of the world. I mean, the things we do for them. I don't know whether it's just my laptop or it is with you people, too...

You see, I am a rather clumsy and lazy person when it comes to moving my bum around. And clumsiness equals me dropping things in the frequency of Taylor Swift writing songs. And that's pretty fast in terms of writing songs.

So, yeah, I've dropped me ex-laptop and don't worry it was completely repairable but the repair shop owner wanted that particular laptop model for his office so refused to repair it. And I was given to take any of the second hand laptops in exchange.

So, I researched, this equals to talked to my friend who is doing Engineering and knows heck-a lot more than me about laptops and computers.

We came to the conclusion that I don't need a laptop for gaming purposes so graphic card was not a necessity. Basically, it came down to the fact that I would need a simple working laptop for my online classes and writing.

He said, "Typewriter would do, if not for Watppad."

I, of course, wanted to make a face at him and then hit him on the back of his head. But him living 100 kms away was a problem to that.

So, I bought this HP laptop, which would bear all my drops and stuff. HP - The Laptop Who Lived.

And I polished it.

I didn't leave it out in the open, even for charging. I worked relentlessly to keep it safe. And dropped it while trying to print the handouts for my class.

And broke the display.

But this repaired within two days and I was back with my trusty laptop after being ridiculed for all the chocolate wrappers found in my bag.

But then, after two months or so, the laptop stopped charging. And then was the two week stay in the hospital (repair shop). And to be honest, I felt pretty betrayed as I let go of many important features of a laptop, worked with Windows XP, just because I could get a laptop which would require less trips to the repair shop.

Anywhoo, what are your laptop pet peeves?

Do you polish it, as though it's your baby?

And do you feel crippled without it?

Peace.