The Thing With Jihad

Hello. I'm a Muslim. And I am not a freaking terrorist. I don't support ISIS. I am not a fundamentalist. Actually, I fuckin' hate the people who kill innocents.

So, I've been bombarded with messages about the Paris Attack by my acquaintances. Like... Dude? What are you expecting?

I cried when 26/11 happened. I was not sensible during 9/11 but I felt sad when I actually learnt about it. I cried when some so called Muslims killed innocent children in a school in Pakistan. I feel sad every time an innocent is killed.

But to be asked whether or not I am sad or not when innocents are killed is rather insulting.

Does being a Muslim take away the humanity? As far as I have studied... The answer is NO.

Muslims are commanded to be nice to everyone, not just Muslims. And these so called Islamic Activists are killing innocent people, regardless of their religion. So I thought I would clarify on the term JIHAD

What Jihad IS NOT!

If you open a modern Oxford English dictionary, you would probably find the definition of Jihad as “a holy war undertaken by Muslims against non-believers”. This is a very poor definition. Before trying to define what Jihad is, we should first define what it is NOT.

Jihad is NOT Holy War
Jihad is NOT blowing up one’s self (Suicide is a sin in Islam)
Jihad is NOT killing innocent people
Jihad is NOT flying a plane into a building packed with civilians
Jihad is NOT fighting out of anger and hatred
Jihad is NOT killing others just because they don’t agree with you
Jihad is NOT killing others just because they are not Muslims

The real meaning: Jihad is an Arabic word from the root Jee Ha Da. It literally means to struggle or strive. Jihad is struggling or striving in the way or sake of Allah. Jihad takes a very important status in the doctrine of Islam and is one of the basic duties for every Muslim. Though, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the term Holy War. Such a term, or its equivalent doesn’t exist in the Islamic doctrine. The Christian Crusaders in the mid-ages invented this ideology of Holy War.There is nothing “Holy” about wars. Wars only involve killings and disasters!

Jihad has many forms,

-Jihad of the heart/soul (jihad bin nafs/qalb)
-Jihad by the tongue (jihad bil lisan)
-Jihad by the pen/knowledge (jihad bil qalam/ilm)
-Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad)
-Jihad by the sword (jihad bis saif) [as self-defence]

So, I pray for Paris. I hope they are fine.

And I so wish death and torture on ISIS and whoever the hell is killing innocents. This is a hard time for all of us. When people don't even know what the heck they are following or doing.

Can we just for the sake of everyone and everything be HUMANS first. And act like the Highest and Most evolved race on the pyramid?

Clarifying ISIS and Extremism:

And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did.[Quran, chapter-6, Verse-108]

See. This verse clearly states not to abuse (harm) any people who are practising other religions. So, that's settled.

Moving on... About extremist.

Verse: 143 of Second Surah

 "Thus We have made you [Muslims] a Wasat nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger Muhammad be a witness over you."

Here wasat means moderation.
In an Arabic dictionary, the term Wasat has three meanings. The three meanings are: to be moderate, to be in the middle, and to be the best. Therefore, when Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala describes the Muslim Ummah as a nation that is Wasat, Allaah means that we are moderate, we are an Ummah that is in the middle, and that we are the best nation.

Atawasoot in an Islamic sense means that the Muslim should try his best to be moderate in all of his affairs, and he should keep away from extreme practices and making extreme statements.

So that being established. Stupid people don't read the context in which we are called the best nation and what they latch onto is best nation and everyone should be like us. But they don't recognise the fact that we are called best nation when we are moderate.

Okay, this one wasn't exactly Umm, hilarious. But I had to get it out the system...

Love,

Arshi.

PEACE!

(And not stupidity)