The Thing About Co-Ed (From an ex-All Girls Student Perspective)

Someone votes on the story. 

*checks when I last added an updated*

27th September 2017

--

Let's pretend that never happened, eh?

I actually read some stuff I used to write over here and wow, was I a tad bit dramatic. Valid, most of the time, but slightly dramatic. 

Oh, well, I am sure the world can handle a bit of dramatics for the greater good. 

So, what shall I rant about over a year later. 

So much has changed. 

But you know what hasn't changed?

My ability to rant. 

Sooooo, what hit me while reading previous posts is that... I am in a co-educational college now. 

Wheeeeeeeeeee -phuska rocket-

And I just had an epiphany. 

*Sees the golden light*

A deep voice announces within my brain which sounds like Alan Rickman aka Professor Snape: Rant on Co-Ed Now. 

And I am like, why ever not?

Number 1, there are boys. Okay. Now, that was a bit obvious. But hey, after three years of desensitization, co-ed seems odd. Deal with me, over here. Okay. I don't remember, ever, standing in queues with boys in the same queue. (convent school benefits, I tell you) 

And schoolboys never offered to bring out my vehicle for me. Or bring over my forms from the office. Or even carry the chairs and desks while preparing for some classroom competition. 

I have been missing out.

But now, I find all this super odd. I mean, guys from school were basically baboons without courtesy - and I know why - Psych major and all. And the guys from college are so helping it just seems odd. I am not used to this kindness. *laughs maniacally*

Number 2, there are couples: Oh God! I was climbing down the stairs today and there was this couple exchanging gift in the middle of the stairway. 

But you know, that is not bad. That is even okay. I mean, yeah, the Archies' polythene isn't obvious to the CCTV at all. But you know, what I found really, really bad?

There was this other girl standing beside them. I am sure, the girl's friend who was dragged along because we are still from a small city in India and it is not okay for girl and guy to exchange gifts alone in college premises (you can do it outside of college premises in specific restaurants and the like).

That poor third wheel had my sympathies. 

-2 minutes silence for her-

Number 3, giggles: I don't remember in the three years of graduation girls giggling. Seriously. But now, I hear them on a daily basis. Is it something about testosterone and estrogen being in the same room that creates giggles? I will never know. 

Here I was, minding my own business in the library and this guy, who is basically the Jack of all trades and popular dude in the college comes in with no intention of getting a book and the two girls from the table across mine just start giggling. 

WHY?

Did I tell you he was wearing glares within the library?

No. 

Please see. 

That is something to laugh about. Not giggle. 

Number 4, pickup lines: No, I am not interested in anyone carrying my books no matter how heavy they might seem. 

No, I don't need a drive.

And no, I was not looking at you - so, dekh mat ladki pyaar ho jaayega does not work for you. 

Sometimes I feel like I want to go back to an All Girls college. But Masters isn't available there. Unfortunate. Or maybe not. 

Let's make the best of it. 

What are your college pet-peeves?

Peace!