The Thing With Coldplay's New Video

So internet has been fighting about this... 

And it has been just a day since the video released!

Just proves my point that after the globalization and immense reach of social media platform you can get offended and make a big issue about almost everything. 

My stand with the Coldplay video... I did not find anything offensive. 

Cue the hate comments if you disagree. 

Now see the video if you have not already seen it. 

But why I came here to write this down because... 

People! You do NOT have to choose a side with extremistic ideals. 

Anything about foreign/America/Hollywood/west has two major responses...

"OMG I love it! I want to be like it!"

"I hate it. It is disgracing. We're forgetting our culture because of it."

You do not need to pick a side. 

It is okay to like some aspects of a thing, and hate some aspects. 

I love Ed Sheeran, I did not like the song Sing! by him. 

See... Things can be that simple. 

Jamming to Yo Yo Honey Singh at a party doesn't mean you love every song he has spouted. And you don't necessarily have to hate him for his offensive songs. 

There is a psychological term, called self-serving bias. We tend to see the proves of what we have already established in our minds. 

We have already established foreigners ridicule India and have no clue of what we really are... (refer the my initial post about this, if you've forgotten my ranting)

But the fact remains that... foreigners are humans and so are we. We are entitled to make mistakes and have wrong opinions. 

I did not see anything offensive in the video. You might have. 

But keep in mind it was a creative expression and people express what they percieve. And their perception is bound to differ from yours. I am not asking you to accept it. Just don't get offended at every little thing. We're not in Bigg Boss over here. 

Lay back. Chill out. It's all been done before. 

And  come on... 

Answer Avril for me

Answer Avril for me. 

Peace!

~Arshi

~Arshi