The Thing With Being a Doormat

"I'm back! I'm back! I AM BACK!"

*Pin Drop Silence*

"No one cares.*

*Goes and cries in the corner*

--

Greetings everyone. 

Let's get real over here.

I know many of you haven't seen me

I know many of you haven't seen me. But you know me. At least bits of me through my writing. 

Tell me here, do I have, "Doormat" written over my head?

Raise your hands if you're sick and tired of people walking all over you. 

Like, "Welcome, walk all over me. Use me to wipe the shit on your shoes and then, move on."

I am tired. 

Have you ever felt like every acquaintance of yours comes to you only when they want to rant (hehe, me) and need advice or just need you to solve their problems?

Because, I am seriously having these feelings and I need to know I am not the only one. 

I am a helpful person. At least try to be. But there's a limit to the shit this doormat can take. 

I mean, half the time I am nervous and stressed not about my issues but other people's problems. 

But you know what? I am fine. I like to help people. I am happy to see that someone is happy because of me. Or that I eased their life in a simple way. 

So, okay, call me four days ago the competition ask me to help a person to research and write a paper in the four days, make a poster and a presentation of the same. I will help. But I would most definitely not do the research for her. 

Just because I am a doormat, doesn't mean I will handle all the shit. You clean your shoes yourself before you step on me, man. 

And after all this, you know what ticks me off? 

When people call me selfish for making a boundary and limit the help I am doing. You can't expect me to do all the work for you. I have a busy schedule already. Do you think I am Zenyatta?

No, bro, I am not.

And if this makes me self-centered. Screw you.

I am self-centered now.

It's like all my life I have been told I am a door-mat. But I don't want to be a doormat anymore. Maybe I want to be a purse.

 Tell me if you get the reference for my last sentence. 

Peace y'all. 

I love the fact that you read me rant. 

At least someone does. 

Love, 

Arshi.