The Thing With Girls College

On a totally random start, I saw the teacher who inspired Kohli today and well, I began laughing like crazy for starters because, he has no clue the impact he has had on my life that I wrote a story about it. 

Also I am super glad he doesn't know that I wrote a story about it. Because well... I am not the kindest person when I am writing about him. Truth hurts. That also made me be extremely grateful that the guy who inspired Kanan doesn't know the effect he had on me. We all grow up, don't we?

--

On to the topic!

So, I am from a co-ed school. Studied there for thirteen years of my life. And so I know how to interact with guys. 

Also, you know that my coaching classes were pretty much co-ed. But I think there is this effect that girls college has on your life that well, is unimaginable and I have realized that there are certain traits you develop that become a giveaway that you are from an all girls college. 

So, this may apply to all girls in a girls college, or the girls in India or just me. Now, you guys have established that I am incredibly awesome already... so you wouldn't mind reading it even though it applies to just me. 

Let's dive into awesomeness, shall we?

1. Back-biting/Gossiping is the mantra... like literally!

One would think that being in an all girls instituition bitching or back biting and gossiping would tone down to a minimum because girls generally fight about boys. 

Nuh uh. 

Nope.

Girls can fight over many things. Boys, don't feel special. You're just another on a long list to fight about. 

You gossip about each other a lot. And talk behind the back to a point that being upfront seems something alien. 

Who solves issues talking face to face anyways? That is just silly. 

2. Being Judgmental

This is sort of related to the first point, because well teh gossiping, hating, backbiting and talking behind the backs begin when you categorize someone into a category of being bad. 

One thing I have noticed that in an all girls college you become more judgmental... yes, more judgmental than usual. I used to give people a benefit of doubt. And I have seen I still do that in normal situations. But in college I am judging people like Gordon Ramsay judges food, or Anu Malik judges Indian Idol. 

I can judge you on the way you walk, you talk, your voice, your clothes, your posture adn what not...

I sound Regina George, don't I?

3. Boys are...

Well, number three basically is like... boys become a... an critically endangered species, so to speak. You see, we don't interact much with boys... so they are like... these wild animals you see rarely. Which means that we have no clue how to act around them when they are in front of us in flesh and blood.

Did I just call the boys wild animals?

Well...

4. Male Female Interaction is out of comfort zone

We cannot react with males normally... God forbid if you actually like the guy... we become like this awkward person... like... I loose all sense of grammar and syntax... turn completely red and giggle like an idiot. 

But when we see other male and females our age reacting. We stare. Like they are a specimen in a laboratory. Seriously. All girls college messed with my brain. 

--

What's life out there in normal world?

What did I miss?

Any stereotypes for All Girls college students? I know you guys have it. I have heard so many! 

Comment what you think!

Peace!

Snapchat: arshidokadia

Instagram: arshidokadia

Twitter: ArshiDokadia