Chapter 15: Falling, crash into my arms

Hello Guyssss!!! A new chapter is here and I am on time 😁. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and all your comments on the Announcements I wrote.

For this chapter, I wrote a lot that I didn't notice I have finished the next chapter too. 😂

Enjoy!

.

.

.

At night, at the Ri's household...

Mu Hyeok visited his parents' house for the night. He had dinner with his brothers and parents. As they chatted, his mom mentioned that it has been a while since Jeong Hyeok had visited and that she and Chung Ryeol were worried about him. Mu Hyeok's anger grew as he thought about how Jeong Hyeok seemed to be losing himself in his relationship with Seri, neglecting not just his brothers, but also his responsibilities toward his parents. He couldn't understand why he would put everything on the line just for this girl. It didn't make sense to him.

As the conversation continued, Mu Hyeok couldn't help but feel frustrated especially after Gwang Hyeok started defending him with some silly excuse about work pressure and the new expansion. 

Mu Hyeok thought he had to do something. He couldn't just sit back and watch as Jeong Hyeok's life fell apart. He had to take action and find a way to 'help' his brother.

Of course, Gwang Hyeok would defend them. Wasn't he the girlfriend's right-hand man?

Hours later, when everyone had gone to sleep, Gwang Hyeok needed a breather to shake off the day's events. He quietly slipped out of his room and made his way to the balcony. As he passed by Jeong Hyeok's room, he noticed that his brother had returned home. Jeong Hyeok had promised earlier during the day that he would visit their parents, and Gwang Hyeok was glad to see that he had kept his word... as always.

Closing the balcony door behind him, Gwang Hyeok gazed out at the city and took a deep breath. His thoughts drifted back to earlier in the day when he, Seri, and Jeong Hyeok had emerged from the storeroom. Despite their assurances, Gwang Hyeok knew that things were far from fine. He knew his brother well enough to realize that, even if Seri could help him in a snap, Jeong Hyeok was too stubborn to ask for her assistance.

Suddenly, a cough interrupted Gwang Hyeok's thoughts. He turned around to see Mu Hyeok standing behind him.

"Hyung?!" looking somewhat surprised Gwang Hyeok exclaimed.

"It's good that I found you here. I have been meaning to talk to you."

"Me why?" Gwang Hyeok was confused. Mu Hyeok sounded different. He has never spoken to him in that indifferent tone.

"Can we talk inside? It's a bit cold here" Mu Hyeok suggested and Gwang Hyeok just nodded.

"I think you know what I want to talk to you about."

Gwang Hyeok looked confused, he shook his head sideways telling his brother that he actually didn't know what was happening.

"Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Seri" Mu Hyeok replied as if it was the most obvious thing.

"What about them?" Gwang Hyeok tried to appear calm and collected, but the tension on his face betrayed his true emotions. 

Both brothers tried to keep their voices hushed not to wake anyone up.

"They are together. They are dating." 

"Yeah so? I am actually happy for them"

"Can't you see how your brother is behaving now because of her?" Mu Hyeok asked in disbelief.