Chapter 22: Never Let Go

WELL Hello everyone!!! You can't imagine how glad I am that I am finally writing and posting again. 😁

The last two months have been a rollercoaster and I am glad things are slowly calming down.

I apologize to everyone for the very late update and I hope you haven't forgotten the story. 🥹

Thank you for waiting patiently and I hope this chapter is worth your wait. 💕💕💕

Enjoy the chapter!

.

.

.

A month later...

Jeong Hyeok and Seri, who was finally without a cast around her hand, exited Cho Cheol Gang's office hand in hand.

Jeong Hyeok glanced at Seri and chuckled... she was plastering a big smile on her face.

"You are smiling like we just signed our home contract." Jeong Hyeok teased her.

"He accepted all our conditions. Can you believe that? Now the restaurant is all yours."

Jeong Hyeok pulled her to him, "Thank you for everything, love. You have helped me a lot." he placed a peck on her lips.

Seri caressed his face and smiled softly, "That's the least I can do for you, love. So don't thank me again."

Before they could step into their car, they saw a familiar figure walking towards the building.

"Joo Meok-ah?" Seri exclaimed, seeing her best friend heading inside Cho Cheol Gang's company.

Joo Meok froze in his place. That's Seri's voice. His mind raced.

Joo Meok turned around, trying so hard not to show his nervousness.

"Seri-ah! Jeong Hyeok-ah! What a surprise!" He exclaimed nervously.

"What are you doing here?" Seri asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Ah, actually..." Joo Meok hesitated momentarily, trying to come up with a convincing lie. "I am looking for a house, so I am visiting some real estate agencies."

"Oh my god! Are you going to ask Min So to marry you?" An excited Seri asked.

Inwardly, Joo Meok let out a scoff. He shouldn't have thrown himself into that pit.

Proposing to Min So was the last thing on his mind. It was probably the worst idea. The couple were far away from even being civil with each other.

"Let's keep that question for later, shall we?" Joo Meok dodged the topic.

"Joo Meok-ah, we have a real estate agency we usually go to. Why didn't you check with them?" Seri asked, slightly confused.

"I am just exploring my options. Gwang Hyeok-ssi mentioned this agency to me. I wanted to check it out. Perhaps their services are better," Joo Meok knew mentioning Gwang Hyeok would help him strengthen his made-up story, for the assistant was the only one who knew about a real estate agency called yourPlace.

"The owner is pretty good. I think he can help you, hyung," Jeong Hyeok encouraged Joo Meok.

"One second, what are you both doing here?" Joo Meok asked, trying to sound confused. "Are you looking for an apartment to move in together?"

"We have two apartments for now, so no," Seri answered.

"I had some issues with my rental contract, and we solved them." Jeong Hyeok continued.