Chapter 16: And just like that

Hello!! I think that's the fastest update I have made, and I am so excited to publish it.😂

I know a lot of you might have been confused about the fight between Jeong Hyeok and Seri. As you know I was supposed to publish this chapter alongside the previous one, but it was way too long to do that, so I had to leave the flashback of the fight for this chapter.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and you won't kill me by the end of it. 😬

Thank you so much for all your votes and comments. 💕💕

Please Enjoy!

.

.

.

At Jeong Hyeok's apartment...

Jeong Hyeok woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Yesterday's argument with Seri was still fresh in his mind, and it had taken a toll on him. He quickly called his manager, informing him that he wouldn't be coming to work that day. He needed some space to clear his mind and sort things out with Seri.

He berated himself for his behavior, realizing that he had been insensitive and cruel to his girlfriend, who had just been in a serious accident. He had lashed out at her, instead of being there for her like he should have been. He had said things that should not have been said, and it had happened in front of their friends and his brother.

So, what happened?

Flashback...

Jeong Hyeok was on the phone with Seri, listening to her recount the events of her morning. He could hear the hum of the car engine and the sound of traffic in the background. Suddenly, he heard a loud screeching sound, followed by a sickening crunch.

"Love? Love, are you there? What happened?" Jeong Hyeok's heart raced as he waited for a response.

There was no answer, only the sound of static coming from the phone. Panic rose in his chest as he tried calling her back, but the line was dead. He tried calling again and again, but it was of no use.

Jeong Hyeok jumped up from his seat, grabbing his keys as he ran out of the restaurant. He raced to his car, his mind racing with fear and worry for Seri.

She had told him that she was heading towards her office, but he didn't know where exactly she was, so he was going to try to go find her.

As he drove towards her office, his heart sank as he found the place where the car crash happened. He saw the wreckage of the car on the side of the road. Seri's car had flipped over and was now upside down, with shattered glass and twisted metal scattered all around.

Jeong Hyeok pulled over and got out, running towards the mangled car.

He approached the chaotic scene noticing the crowd of people gathering around. Some onlookers were peering inside while others frantically dialed their phones, hoping for emergency assistance, and others were filming the accident.

Jeong Hyeok's heart sank further as he surveyed the scene of the accident. His eyes widened as he caught sight of Seri's body, still strapped into the driver's seat, hanging upside down with her head lolling to one side. Blood was oozing from the wounds on her forehead and other parts of her body. Her white shirt was turning red. She was completely motionless.

Jeong Hyeok felt a knot form in his stomach as he realized the gravity of the situation.

"Love?" Jeong Hyeok's voice quivered with fear as he called out to her from outside the car.